Remembrance Day and Facebook

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

For those people who are sharing Britain First's posts on Facebook on the run up to Remembrance Day please be aware of what they stand for, the poppy represents those that fought against exactly what Britain First represents. Read this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/britain-first-accused-of-hijacking-the-poppy-ahead-of-remembrance-day-9841107.html

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

I shall swap my red poppy (don't like red anyway) ;) and wear a white one instead. Peace & Love.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I shall swap my red poppy (don't like red anyway) ;) and wear a white one instead. Peace & Love.

The red poppy is ok @[member="magpiejue"] (apart from the colour) it shows you are supporting the British Legion and respect the fallen and what they did for this country, my point was that when people share posts from Britain First they are supporting a right wing Fascist group similar to the Nazis in world war two, they are using the poppy as a means to a political aim which is not what it is all about. The British Legion are trying to get the poppy copyrighted so no one else can use/misuse it. Please don't stop wearing a poppy I've got one and wear it proudly just don't give Britain First publicity by sharing their posts (unless you agree with them of course, which I'm sure you don't).

You can buy poppies from Britain First website but the money doesn't go to the British Legion to support our soldiers it goes to Britain First. I always make sure I buy a poppy from the old soldiers with their medals or the young soldiers in uniform like the ones outside the ground on Saturday.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

I got my red poppy from a Soldier selling them in B & M Bargains. 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Hard to find in US, I have one with me that I got when I was in the UK last.

I do donate via online though.

Archived