Oxford Utd (H)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Oxford thumped us 3-1 in the league in August. Notts were level at half time but Oxford blow us away in the second half. Roy saved a penalty to limit the damage. 

Oxford are going along nicely in the league. They are sitting in 3rd place. They have 45 points (15 more than Notts). They have scored 36 goals (one more than Notts) and conceded 19 goals (a whopping 21 less than Notts). It doesn't take a genius to see why Oxford are 3rd and Notts aren't. 

Oxford have lost only 1 won of their last 5 games. They usually go with a 4-4-2 set up. They like to build from the back. They have pace and power in their side. Sam Slocombe in goal is under rated IMO. He got his chance and hasn't looked back. Skarz and Baldock are 2 of the best full backs in the division. Mullins is rock solid at CB. Sercombe and Lundstram are a fantastic partnership in the middle of the park. Roofe is their danger man up front. It's hard to know who will partner Roofe. I think Taylor will start but it might be Hoban. 

Oxford are a well balanced side. One of the best in the division IMO. We won't get a more difficult opponent as we already found out in August. As they are a more settled and balanced side, I think they will beat us. 2-1 to Oxford. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I don't think Ricardo was far off making us a very good team, we were able to score but the defence was his big problem and that cost him his job.

I think Micky hasall (sp?) will have worked so hard on defence this week to prove a point to Mr T that he could do the job on a permanent basis.

I think many players will see this as a chance to prove their worth (hopefully) so I'll go for 2-1 Notts

Supporter+

Smith vs Lundstram & Sercombe. Shudder. Watch Alan go out and be MOM just to prove me wrong.

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

15 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Listening to Dryden and Halsall on MP, they both mentioned Alan Smith and Hollis in a positive way, so expect them both to start

Oh dear...:shocked:

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727

now personally if the whole defence and full backs don't bomb so high we wouldn't get caught out like we do.

Holis isn't bad at this level hel win his aerial challenges an is quite strong Bennett comes back in good form and has a point to prove.

I hope Curtis and Stanley get in the middle becuase anyone who wants this managers job should clearly see smith gets outrun in the middle and can't hack the pace were Curtis and Milsom can run all day.

Id also drop stead and put Spencer up top as a target man and say to McLeod run off him at every flick on becuase you know Spencer will win a lot of balls and one run and you're behind worked great for Ronan.

Id be tempted to play Murray on the wing for Burke as he has pace and can cut in and I think he'd be dangerous has very good movement to they have options and I hope they don't pick the same 11 as Ricardo would.

Stead is a good player but not as good as Spencer his hold up play isn't near Spencers or physicality 

I'd also be tempetd to play Loach aswell despite asking for smiths carrolls advice etc I'd drop both of em smith can't keep up an Carroll hasn't been marvellous this year either 

Supporter+

Game is going ahead. The legend that is groundsman Trev confirmed this earlier.

I'm not sure long balls will work against Oxford. I reckon playing it around them will work better. Pace will trouble them. Their full backs have to be picked up or they will cause us major problems. Inviting them on and hitting them on the break will work IMO, assuming our defence is rock solid.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Disappointed by how we gave them the goal, Carroll should have known better! Just as Notts concede @jsrjay celebrates a goal for Forest! COME ON NOTTS!!

Tempo has increased since our goal, I would like us to take our time - settle it down and show some creativity in the final third.

Defence looks a bit better but Oxford can say they are unlucky.

Decent game!

2-1 go on Curtis!!

Supporter+

We lost to one of the best sides in the league. Conceding 3 goals in the last 11 mins wasn't good to say the least. Hopefully Mark Cooper will be in charge by Monday and the rebuilding can begin.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

The demise of Notts sums us up as a club, when everything went wrong it did. I find it hard to take any positives out of that game, we never looked like scoring and when we attacked we did not do it in the way Oxford did.

Oxford might be one of the better clubs in this league but based on that performance, Notts will not settle unless we gain some organization at the back.

Absolutely terrible defending throughout the game.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

1 minute ago, upthepies said:

The demise of Notts sums us up as a club, when everything went wrong it did. I find it hard to take any positives out of that game, we never looked like scoring and when we attacked we did not do it in the way Oxford did.

Oxford might be one of the better clubs in this league but based on that performance, Notts will not settle unless we gain some organization at the back.

Absolutely terrible defending throughout the game.

Sums it up really. Add in how bad Smith was and its about right.

The sooner we get an organiser in the better.

• Content Count:  1,319
  • Days Won:  1

We looked better for a period but overall the cracks reappeared, I am disappointed as much as the next person but we have to keep the faith.

I accept the better team won.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  142
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, hissingdwarf said:

Sums it up really. Add in how bad Smith was and its about right.

The sooner we get an organiser in the better.

He was not that bad, he was one of few who tried to get stuck in.

Notts just had no fire power. Stead was deep, McLeod useless. The guy has the first touch of an elephant!

Speechless, pulled out of doing an aftermath due to the general feeling. Oxford played well, they deserved it and we just crumbled. What I don't get is why we didn't try to play it slow after taking the lead?

We just sat back and invited them, who looked more like scoring.

we looked better when smith goes off in every game and Curtis comes on and changes it how many times is it til smith finally gets dropped Thompson is far better quicker faster sharper and more skilful and changed the game.

Murray comes on pace less Burke goes off all of a sudden some pace in the middle but why does it take 70+ mins to spot this I'm not a manager but even I can see it for the majority of the game 

Archived