What are you all moaning about?

Fan of Big Tone

Reading the above comments, it seems to me that we need to "mod our managers"......a run of 10 poor games = 1 yellow and a fortnight in the naughty corner, 2 yellows and it's a month working the Kop Catering stand.....3 yellows and it's offski....this would give all and sundry a chance to cool down before Ray's itchy finger pulls the trigger.

It would save a fortune in redundancy pay-offs as well!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supporter+
1 hour ago, tarquinbeech said:

You obviously didn't rate Ricardo then?

Lol, you wouldn't have guessed.

so what if I don't like him in entitled to my view ain't I ? 

There is no point banging on like he's Jesus Christ the bloke showed no promise he could get us above 15th all year we've bein hangin around 16th all season.

ricardo was more likely to drag us further down then Fullarton might do sure Ricardo will get the Chelsea job tho as he is a tactical genius maybe Costa could play on the right wing 👏🏻

For me Moniz was an unanswered puzzle.  A lot right, probably a bit more wrong, but solely for the entertainment his teams provided I would have given him the rest of the season.  We'll never know whether he would have got it right or wrong, it's the not knowing that frustrates me a bit.

5 minutes ago, Elite_pie said:

For me Moniz was an unanswered puzzle.  A lot right, probably a bit more wrong, but solely for the entertainment his teams provided I would have given him the rest of the season.  We'll never know whether he would have got it right or wrong, it's the not knowing that frustrates me a bit.

Sadly, we do, he was an idiot. The fact that he will never manage in this country again should convince you. He has assembled a bunch of misfits and talentless cr@p. If he had stayed much longer we would have been relegation fodder, yes, even this season.

Quite why people think tripe like Adams and Bennett are actually going to improve our fortunes amazes me tbh. They are both weak as water. The amount of tripe that Moniz signed and should never play above pub level is frightening, it may make those 2 appear ok, but they are both duff. If I ever have to see Swerts, Jenner or De Silva again it will be too soon. Snijders, Sprockel & Smith aren't much better. There's another 6 you could get rid if and not miss.

I am a big fan of Thompson, he should be starting ahead of most of the others, but I recognise that he is hugely limited, a defensive liability and not much better than Conference standard. It is also painfully obvious that Aborah, despite his neat ball skills, is OK dancing around in his own half but he goes missing when the chips are down and doesn't pose any threat in the final third. They are the best we've got and they wouldn't get in any of the top 6 teams in the division. The list goes on.....and on. Some of our fans think these blokes are world class, it is quite scary at times.

This is a bottom third squad & that is where we will end up unless Fullarton turns out to be a genius and he acquires 3 or 4 quality players in the next 2 weeks or so. I'm not holding my breath.

Moniz was utterly useless.

42 minutes ago, Pies4u said:

Sadly, we do, he was an idiot. The fact that he will never manage in this country again should convince you. He has assembled a bunch of misfits and talentless cr@p. If he had stayed much longer we would have been relegation fodder, yes, even this season.

Quite why people think tripe like Adams and Bennett are actually going to improve our fortunes amazes me tbh. They are both weak as water. The amount of tripe that Moniz signed and should never play above pub level is frightening, it may make those 2 appear ok, but they are both duff. If I ever have to see Swerts, Jenner or De Silva again it will be too soon. Snijders, Sprockel & Smith aren't much better. There's another 6 you could get rid if and not miss.

I am a big fan of Thompson, he should be starting ahead of most of the others, but I recognise that he is hugely limited, a defensive liability and not much better than Conference standard. It is also painfully obvious that Aborah, despite his neat ball skills, is OK dancing around in his own half but he goes missing when the chips are down and doesn't pose any threat in the final third. They are the best we've got and they wouldn't get in any of the top 6 teams in the division. The list goes on.....and on. Some of our fans think these blokes are world class, it is quite scary at times.

This is a bottom third squad & that is where we will end up unless Fullarton turns out to be a genius and he acquires 3 or 4 quality players in the next 2 weeks or so. I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with most of what you say P4U, in fact I've argued long and hard elsewhere that this is a very limited squad, while many have insisted that it has top 6 quality with a decent manager.  Your points do appear to be in direct conflict with your assessment of Moniz however - if it is a bottom third squad that must make him at least competent for getting us a bit higher than that!  The other argument of course is about who assembled that squad.  Was it Moniz or our much loved head of recruitment Mr Branston, or a bit of both? You might have more inside info on that one than I do.

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Pies4u said:

Sadly, we do, he was an idiot. The fact that he will never manage in this country again should convince you. He has assembled a bunch of misfits and talentless cr@p. 

Fair enough that's your opinion @Pies4u I can only go by my own experience and I can honestly say that under Moniz I actually came away from Meadow Lane feeling that I had got value for money and seen some very entertaining games for the first time in years and for that I am grateful, it made a nice change.

well it was a completion to see who could sign the most players and that's what happend I don't really think Accrington Bristol rovers mansfailed Wycombe etc all teams around the play offs have much better players then us .

We can easily make top 7 we just have to be a lot better defensive and also the midfield have to do simple basics ie track your runner stay tight press the ball.

Full backs have to tighten the angle don't allow wide players to get crosses in wingers like Burke need a kicking to actually bust a gut an help out defensively to he is far to lazy.

Just simple little things this was moniz downfall it's all well an good going all out attack to outscore you're opponent but you have to have a defensive side to you're game to which he lacked and was a defender apparently 😕

5 minutes ago, tonyhateley said:

Fair enough that's your opinion @Pies4u I can only go by my own experience and I can honestly say that under Moniz I actually came away from Meadow Lane feeling that I had got value for money and seen some very entertaining games for the first time in years and for that I am grateful, it made a nice change.

you got entertainment cause you saw 3-3  4-3  2-2 great for a value purpose but I'd rather win 2-0 1-0   then have a all out attacking game and draw cause it involed 0 defense just saying 

Moniz did manage to get more exciting moments from this Notts squad than I care to remember, the problem was the fact we also encountered some technical issues to be polite. I find myself agreeing with both @tonyhateley and @Pies4u - at least in parts.

He wasn't our worst manager, the players should take credit for some of the disappointment.

Perhaps he's not a manager? That seems a common trait.

Supporter+
9 hours ago, notts-joe said:

I find myself agreeing with both @tonyhateley and @Pies4u - at least in parts.

Come on @notts-joe stop sitting on the fence, you'll get splinters in yer bum.

:D:rollonfloorlaughing:

Moniz didn't has a scooby doo what he was doing from day 1!!! It was pretty obvious after 10 games or so that he had no idea what his best 11 was, nor what postition they should play in!!! Fullarton although not "experienced" has spoke more sense so far than Moniz has done during his whole time in charge. Most the managers on the hot list for the job had experience, yeah mainly in failure. I'm confident we'll finish this season higher than we would have done under Moniz. Not sure we'll have enough to pinch a play-off place as I think we've lost too much ground :(

Supporter+

Remember saying this @1862?

odds are hel lose his first 4games and then trew will be like damn what have I done and a lot of angry people won't be impressed 

Looks like I might not be the only one to have to eat humble pie.

yea I was mad at the time I expressed this an also to @notts-joe and when if calmed down a was willing I give him a chance 👍🏻 and glad he's proved me wrong.

Good thing I'm to mature to fall for you're bait tho ain't it ☺️☺️ 😁😁

It says odds on so guess he proved my odds wrong fair enough I wasn't impressed with the appointment at time but after I calmed down I personally messaged aileen herself to thank her for explaining to me what Jamie has done via his coaching.

So yea Tony he defined the odds and I'm happy for him you still belived it was a joke appointment 4 days after its okay tho sure Jose moniz mourinho will be a legend one day 👍🏻😊

Apple humble pie for desert am down with that👌🏻😊😊

Supporter+

Well one swallow doesn't make a summer but I have said elsewhere I will support him of course I will, I am a Notts supporter and I want us to do well. So I hope he turns out to be the next Jimmy Sirrell and if he doesn't I'm sure you will be on here calling for his dismissal along with all the other fickle fans in six months time (or less)

cough cough call me fickle all you want 👍🏻👍🏻 you don't know anything about me I've only ever called for moniz to go so calling me fickle is hilarious not my fault I'm not as old as you but in my entire time of watching Notts since 8 now 27.

ive only ever called for moniz head and Gary mills so get you're information right before you call me fickle 👏🏻 or better still just don't even mention my name thank you 👍🏻

Supporter+

What's age got to do with anything? You seem to have a bee in your bonnet because I'm older than you.

Look we all want the same thing a successful Notts County, let's leave it at that.

"Jamie Fullarton's Black and White Army"

P.S.hope your cough gets better.

2 hours ago, tonyhateley said:

Remember saying this @1862?

Looks like I might not be the only one to have to eat humble pie.

I hope a massive, massive plateful of humble pie is on the menu for me, the bigger the better.  I was very disappointed by the appointment of Fullarton, but nothing would please me more than being hopelessly wrong.  Very early days, but this is a fantastic 3 points that I don't think many of us expected.

I honestly believe the reaction was fair, nobody had hidden motives about Fullarton and it's early to say if the board made the right call.

Just like nobody can say they didn't. Yet, after the lack of experience and knowledge before - fans only rightly took to frustration and disappointment. Whilst it's worth waiting to see how things pan out, any fan worth their salt will accept the situation as it comes to light, which I am sure people will get behind Jamie Fullarton. Of course some will say 'told you so' or possible make excuses but the important thing is for us to reflect on moving forward.

Onwards & Upwards.

Well it depends on how he handles the difficult moments, it would be reassuring if his tactics enabled us to change the game(s) as it happens - like red cards or if teams pile on the pressure. Yet there's only one way to gain expereince, I am keen to see him given support.

Yet I am not sure Richard Dryden is a suitable option myself.

No disrespect but someone who's fimilar with the role, perhaps someone Jamie knows himself would be the better option? Moniz and Kevan didn't work out, as have others who had this type of partnership pairing and although I don't think we will see an assistant come in - I do feel if it does happen, it should be Jamie's call and someone he trusts/knows he can rely on.

Good point @notts-joe it should be Fullarton's call, the club have appointed him manager so the decision needs to be his, especially if the assistant comes from within the club. To answer one of @liampie questions on another thread I think any assistant should be there to help, but I think he needs to be clearly Fullarton's assistant, rather than be 'Assistant Manager' and perhaps have too much influence. We already have confusion over which players are whose signings. Team tactics and the playing 11 need to be down to one man. 

Archived