We can still get relegated

Modern Notts Fan πŸ”₯

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Hate to say it after Saturday's hoof football against a side who are clearly physical and good in the air I think it's clear to see we can still go down this year.

And for Fullarton to think we were in the ascendency he was smoking some strong stuff we hardly had a chance other then Blair Adams hit the post.

We offerd no threat no attempt to pass and move we offered McLeod stead zero service or chances we parked the bus at home in 0 mins we made mental descions.

We have wingers such as valencic Snidjers Burke but we play Adams as a left mid who didn't do a lot zero pace we played Bennett as a midfielder an a swear with my own eyes he was avoiding the ball at all costs hiding out the way.

He clearly wasn't comfortable there also Hewitt is not a CB its there to see his postional sense is a joke holis just hoofs it at every chance doesn't look for a pass Stanley will not fit this system as he can pass move pass move .

Honesty I can't see us beating Hartlepool or York or Stevenage or mansfailed I think we are in serious trouble in next few months still no assistant either I also saw we played with one midfielder in Curtis who I felt very sorry for and surprised he didn't lose his rag.

He was chasing trying to get on the ball an make something happen as Bennett didn't even try to get on the ball Spencer I really don't get big strong physical good in the air holds his own gives as good as he gets but can't get a game in a league that suits his style.

Murray lively quick battler doesn't give up chases losts causes can't get a game at home outrageous Murray does more then stead does in 5 mins also if we are going to play hoof it which looks clearly the plan put Spencer in at least wel have someone who can hold it or do somat with it.

I hate to say it if this gets into a relegation scrap the gates will be very short soon an someone may have to give cooper a call becuase Saturdays show showed no sign of football other then Wimbledon who hoofed it all game an had joy from itΒ 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Modern Fan 1862 πŸ‘Β Murray did have a great chance to equalise within a minute of coming on. We needed Valencic to have added some creativity but I am increasingly concerned that Jamie does not have that word in his vocabulary.Β 

Murray needs to be alongside speno in my view speno knows how he plays were he is were he wants it they just seem to click.

As for creativity we could of easily chucked Burke on valencic Burke has a good left foot and so on yea he's lazy but he can create.

But still think Luton and Hartlepool may beat us that could be 9 points gone I saw no signs of promise just worseΒ 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I'm not losing any more hairs worrying about relegation. Dagenham, who are 23rd, are on 20 points from 27 games. If they carry on at that rate they'll finish on 34 points. We already have 33. In their last five games they have picked up 7 points, meaning that they have averaged 1.4 points a game for just those five games. If they keep that up for the rest of the season (and that's a big if) they'll finish on 47 points. Chances are they'll stay up with that - meaning that Newport, Yeovil and Hartlepool would all have to replicate that form to catch us.Β The prospect of us going down this season is vanishingly unlikely, it's the future I'm more worried about.

sorry @DangerousSausageΒ but that performance was worse then Dagenham could produce if we play lump football til may we will pick up 0 points factΒ 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

The team needs to start winning quickly or we will have another great escape to pursue, after all we don't want to go down again as we will lose our status.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I had a look at the last 3 seasons. Barnet were relegated on 51 points 3Β seasons ago. Bristol Rovers were relegated on 50 points 2 years ago. Cheltenham managed only 41 points last season. Based on the above and what teams have done so far this season, 45 points should see us safe, unless the teams at the bottom suddenly start playing like Barcelona. I think we will hit the 50 point mark this season, but that's based on nothing but hope.Β 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

This time last season the team in 22ndΒ had 28 points, 42 points would have been enough to survive.

In 13/14, the team in 22nd had 28Β points, in the end 51 points were needed to survive.

In 12/13, the team in 22nd had 27Β points, in the end 52 were needed to survive.

In 11/12, the team in 22nd had 24Β points, in the end 45 were needed to survive.

In 10/11, the team in 22nd had 25 points, at the end of the season 48 would have sealed survival.

This time around the bar is set very low asΒ Yeovil are 22nd with just 20 points. In every one of the last five seasons, if you doubled the points tally of the team in 22nd at this stage of the season, you would have enough points to survive, in twoΒ cases very easily. So going by experience, it's highly likely that 40 points would assure safety, and possibly even less. To get that we need two wins and a draw. Out of 20 games.

In a way we're fortunate that there are a few very poor teams this year, but we need to get our act together for next season as things may be a lot closer.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Awful team selection, non existent tactics (apart from hoof it), players low on confidence, poor manager = one thing, relegation form. Lets just hope we got enough points early doors to see us over the line, but it could be grim next year.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Relegation is far out of my mind, it's not something I feel we should worry about.

Two games in and JF is learning, it's only natural he will make mistakes - I think sticking to a squad which pretty selects itself, with clear instructions on how to move the ball forward would be useful. The defence isn't going to fix itself over night either, so we'll have to hope that JF can get it sorted. I would be more concerned at this stage of switching our form from home to away - if we defend like we did last Saturday, at home again that will be the greatest concern.

We can't afford to lose the home support.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i think we have more chance of sending jamie to the moon than relegation.

he would have to seriously screw up to do that and i think things will settle. players out, a couple in and get him some help.

well how will you be saying then when Luton Hartlepool York stuff us which is highly likely only takes a win to kick start bottom teams we don't even look like creating a chance let alone scoringΒ 

Archived