Play offs still in sight!

Turkey_Twizzler

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Riverleeno, given the choice who should go, I would let Jamie leave and keep Stanley. I fear for paint drying football that is being dished up. We have gone from one extreme to the other. It hurts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

I know what you mean I went to Meadow Lane on match days this season knowing I would watch some committed football and with the expectation Notts would always be in the match. I'm not sure what to expect at the next home game! But to be fair to JF I hope that we can put some of the recent results down to finding his feet with the squad.

@Riverleeno I hear what you say, but the footballing philosophy has gone from one extreme to the other...Perhaps we could have had Ricardo for the home games and Jamie for the away matches :D

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

He has to pick a more attacking side, simple as that. What is this effective football he spoke about? If we concede a goal, we still concede a second, but now we don't have the players in the side to get back in it, not very effective.

perfectly summed up @Fozzy There was no real evidence that we were going to equalise. Murray who had scored twice for the reserves that week, is left on the bench in favour of Campbell? Utter nonsensical decision IMHO

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

We've got absolutely no chance of the play-offs now.

Our season is practically over. We should now focus on rebuilding for next season, which means starting people who will actually be here.

------------Loach--------
-Atkinson--Hollis--Hewitt--Adams
-Campbell--Aborah-Thompson-Burke
--------Noble-------------------------
-----------------Stead-------------

Something like that would work for me.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

We are 12 points behind Mansfield in 7th but we have 4 games in hand. Realistically we would have to win all 4 games to have any chance of making the playoffs as other teams above us also have games in hand.  

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Our form suggests nothing more than mid table.

Of course JF could get things clicking, yet as I've said before - I think this will take time which we can't afford. I think it would wiser to focus on more pressing matters, as if we did - the outcome of my message may change.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Wow, is this still going? We have no chance. We may be 12 points adrift of Mansfield with four games in hand, but it's not just a question of catching up with them - there are TEN teams between us and the play-offs now. Including Carlisle, who are six points ahead of us having played a game less! That's another nine points we potentially have to make up.

To make the play-offs we have to AT LEAST double our points tally. Basically we would have to win all our games in hand (when is the last time we won four on the bounce?), win three or four more to break into the top seven and then maintain promotion form to stay there. I'm not holding my breath.

Archived