Play offs still in sight!

Turkey_Twizzler

Yes I am being hopeful but I feel we can still make it, we have 3 games in hand on 6th place Orient who are 10 points ahead of us.

Games in hand: Hartlepool x2 Accy Stanley

I think 5/6 points from these games is a realistic target, however I feel if we play well we could get all 9 (hopeful I know) we play orient at home in a few weeks and we could have best them down there if we weren't so gungho under RM

Yes other teams are above us but they are all teams we can beat other than pompey, one thing that does tick me off is that everyone has games in hand so its impossible to gauge how good/bad we are

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll pass personally, as high as possible for me will do just fine.

Just outside the play-offs would do just nicely, I think it's a stretch to consider any higher but I acknowledge it's possible. I just want to set my own sights lower, this way it won't lead to any disappointment - as I said at the start of the season mid-table would be accepted. After the signings I felt we had more than enough to battle the division but for one reason or another, it just hasn't happened.

If we are to make it, perfect but if not - I'm still content. COYP!

No, we'll miss out. There is just too much work to do to get into and stay in the top 7. I would say that the top 10 is the best we can hope for, as we have paid the price for not dealing with the main problems in the side early enough.

don't forget Accrington and Carlisle have loads of games on us also we now may not be playing at York depending on weather then Hartlepool away is tricky.

Then Orient at home an Bristol rovers Plymouth away not going to be easy by any means also Accrington in there to if only moniz would of gone earlier id say we have a chance 

3 hours ago, Fozzy said:

No, we'll miss out. There is just too much work to do to get into and stay in the top 7. I would say that the top 10 is the best we can hope for, as we have paid the price for not dealing with the main problems in the side early enough.

I suspect you are right.

There is much of work required and not enough games to see that change. If we made it, it will be due to other teams falling rather than us deserving to be there.

Its possible but I think the focus should be on each game as they come.

The play offs are a long way off which we will need to catch other teams up. I do think it may be steep to reach it at this stage, Notts do have the habit of doing things the hard way and missing out by a few points.

I doubt it. Last season 71 points were needed to (just) make the top 7, and this season is shaping up similar. Going by that, we need 35 points from our last 19 games, or 10 wins, 5 draws and 4 defeats. It's early days in JF's reign and anything is possible, but it would require a big turnaround and there's no guarantee that even that would be enough. Keeping our season alive going into April would be an achievement.

11 minutes ago, eighteensixtytwo said:

Anyone want to take bets on this?

I think the clubs chance of securing a play off space has passed now.

Our current odds to grab a play off place are 16/1, which equates to a 5.9% chance.

Seems about right to me.

We have never been able to rely on other teams to do us favours, as much as we all would love this to happen - I think our best aim is to focus on securing quality players at the end of the season, adding much required bulk to the core.

I know some may say we lack ambition but at least it's called being balanced.

Certainly better than claiming we don't have realistic expectations. At this stage in time, I just want to see Jamie Fullarton succeed and bring us the stability we require to move forward. I honestly don't believe sides without it can gain promotion.

My thinking was purely based on the fact there are very few teams that are consistent at the moment, if we cam string 4-5 games together we would be in the play off positions, we are yet to see our tactics at home but it seems we have some form of progress away from home, everything is so close you can be in the playoffs and out within a matter of weeks, yes I am very optimistic but it is still possible, however I do realise it probably won't happen

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

@ohstanleyaborah be optimistic, there is nothing wrong with that.

If Notts could get a run together that may change things, who knows?

The good thing is all ths teams above us are taking points off eachother, and with us having 1/2/3 games in hand on different teams if we can keep the away form up and start playing well at home it won't be long till we crack the top 10

to make the play offs we'd need to be in a form like Newport were when they were unbeaten in 10 also Accrington would have to lose a lot of the games in hand they have.

Also if you look at this way we have coming up Orient at home Plymouth away bristol rovers at home Wycombe at home all in the play offs an around it plus Accrington away.

So to be in with a chance we have to take maximum points off all of them that's what play off sides will do take points off each other.

Personally I'd start to look at players for next year English ones that have played league two and expierence in it and add some quality not 45 players just a small quality squad if that is possible 

I can't seriously consider a play off challenge.  My hopes for this season are that we can quickly get the points required to end any relegation fears, then give a few of the promising youngsters a taste of the first team, show some attacking intent at home, and go to the game at Mansfield in April with a chance of finishing above them.

On 9/2/2016 at 15:03, themightymagpies said:

Problem is it will be harder if we lose just a few games from now on.

Draws will not be helpful all that much, Notts would have to rewrite their form and put together a winning streak which I do not think is likely at this stage.

In a way Notts have started to put a winning streak together ..2 away wins. It would be a shame if JF or the club didn't believe the playoffs are possible, I think attendances would drop if it felt like Notts were limping to the season's end.

On 8/2/2016 at 16:58, DangerousSausage said:

I doubt it. Last season 71 points were needed to (just) make the top 7, and this season is shaping up similar. Going by that, we need 35 points from our last 19 games, or 10 wins, 5 draws and 4 defeats. It's early days in JF's reign and anything is possible, but it would require a big turnaround and there's no guarantee that even that would be enough. Keeping our season alive going into April would be an achievement.

Just thinking out loud.. If Notts can win just five of their 9 remaining home matches..JF has shown he can set up a side to win away, if Notts could win 5 of the 10 away matches then we would be getting close to what you think we need points wise @DangerousSausage 

A lot of 'if's' there but my glass is half full.

As @Elite_piepi

1 hour ago, Elite_pie said:

I can't seriously consider a play off challenge.  My hopes for this season are that we can quickly get the points required to end any relegation fears, then give a few of the promising youngsters a taste of the first team, show some attacking intent at home, and go to the game at Mansfield in April with a chance of finishing above them.

@Riverleenothat is how things pan out I agree it would be good to see the younger players given first team opportunities.

Play-offs?....HAHAHAHA

The last time that miracles were allowed, some guy from Galilee was turning a bucket of Adam's Ale into a nice Chianti........some guy called Lazurus was woken from a late afternoon nap muttering "Jesus Christ, can't anyone get a decent kip around here?"......and half of Syria were snacking on a bag of Captain Birds-Eye Cod Balls and a loaf of Mothers Pride!!!

There is more chance of Kylie Minogue landing her private helicopter on my roof tonight, shouting ..............."Tarkers, do you fancy a naughty weekend in Rio?"

5 hours ago, tarquinbeech said:

Play-offs?....HAHAHAHA

The last time that miracles were allowed, some guy from Galilee was turning a bucket of Adam's Ale into a nice Chianti........some guy called Lazurus was woken from a late afternoon nap muttering "Jesus Christ, can't anyone get a decent kip around here?"......and half of Syria were snacking on a bag of Captain Birds-Eye Cod Balls and a loaf of Mothers Pride!!!

There is more chance of Kylie Minogue landing her private helicopter on my roof tonight, shouting ..............."Tarkers, do you fancy a naughty weekend in Rio?"

sorry but deffo more chance of play offs then kylie minogue landing her private helicopter an asking you for a naughty weekend.

if that happens rhiania is knocking on my door 

Archived