Match Discussion: Game 34 - The Daggers (H)

PON_News

everyone type in Stanley aborah on Twitter find his official page and read his last tweets in last mins he will elaborate tomrrow on what's been said and give his side of the story 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elite_pie said:

Thoughts on the latest shambles:

Loach 7.5* - not entirely convincing early on but two greats saves rescued a point.
Atkinson 5 - beaten too often by a tricky left winger.
Hollis 6 - defensively ok, passing awful but had few other options
Hewitt 6 - did ok.
Adams 5 - never looked comfortable all game.
Thompson 4 - awful from start to finish, just seemed to run around a bit.
Milsom 5 - a few tackles but nothing creative.
Campbell 4.5 - reasonable first half, dire in the second.
Banton 6 - looked a threat in the first half, never got the ball in the second.
Stead 6.5 - tried hard but had very little support.
Murray 4.5 - ran around a lot but no impact.

Noble 5 - never really got involved.
Mcleod 5.5 - looked like he wanted to get involved but no service.
Burke n/a

Fullarton 2 - the longer the game went on, the more lost Fullarton looked. Hopelessly out of his depth, please someone just get rid of him asap.

A bright first 20 minutes when we were denied a stonewall penalty and Stead should have scored. All downhill after that, and the second half was a huge embarrassment. We were hopelessly outplayed by the team adrift in 92nd place, and actually bossed by a midfield containing Joss Labadie!! It really doesn't get much worse than that. Fullarton has subjected the home fans to 270 minutes of the most pathetic football I've seen in 45 years. He has to go before he kills this club. This is as low as I've felt since the pre-Munto McParland days.

I value these match scores.....it looked pretty dire on BET365, BBC and Facebook (I had all 3 screens running together)....I am actually getting a bit pissed off now....surely the powers that be, can see what everyone else can see....totally sick of Notts at the moment...plus I've run out of beer....grrrrrr

• Like 2

I always value @Elite_pie 's view. His summary sums up my feelings too. "Out of his depth....., ...most pathetic football I've seen in 45 years". I would just add another 4 years for me, .. 49 years this month. I have never felt so disenfranchised from this great club. 

• Like 1

I believe Stanley #stanleyin

• Like 2

The reports on yesterday's match make depressing reading. The fact that we're looking back on Moniz's reign (in which we underachieved badly) with nostalgia says it all. I can understand wanting to give a new manager a chance, but who would have fired Moniz if we'd actually known back then what we'd end up with?

The Aborah situation doesn't add up, there's obviously a lot we don't (and can't) know. I think it's political and not necessarily JF's fault. We all know there was tension between Moniz and Branston when building the squad. Look at the treatment of Aborah in the context of the other Moniz signings - they have all been frozen out or had their contracts terminated, while Guy Branston seems to have been given licence to shape the squad as he sees fit (Banton was a player he was interested in in the summer). I think Aborah was offered a termination, didn't want it and has now been frozen out.

Why would Aborah willingly torpedo his own career by refusing to play? If he wanted to play for Moniz and not for Notts, why did he turn out for us under the caretaker managers? If it's true that SA threw a wobbly and refused to play then that's indefensible, but it doesn't add up - in that case Notts presumably wouldn't have stood in Aborah's way if he wanted to leave during the transfer window or offered him a mutual termination a la Swerts. But he hasn't left, and that indicates to me that he still wants to be here. It's all coming from above, and Fullarton is the poor sap in the middle trying to explain a situation that isn't his fault.

#theblackmasson we must keep aborah! Hopefully fulla-youknowwhat will be gone before Stanley

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Fullarton is clearly quoted in the Red Rag as saying about Aborah "He's asked to leave the club directly and via email through his agent".  That's a very clear and serious statement to make.  If it's true, then Aborah deserves no sympathy.  If it's not true, Fullarton's position is untenable.  Rather than sending ambiguous tweets which actually say nothing, Aborah needs to tell the fans that what Fullarton has claimed is the truth or a lie.

• Like 2

Fullarton is clearly quoted in the Red Rag as saying about Aborah "He's asked to leave the club directly and via email through his agent".  That's a very clear and serious statement to make.  If it's true, then Aborah deserves no sympathy.  If it's not true, Fullarton's position is untenable.  Rather than sending ambiguous tweets which actually say nothing, Aborah needs to tell the fans that what Fullarton has claimed is the truth or a lie.

What if aborah said he wanted to leave because fullacrap wouldn't play him ?

As I understand it this claim relates to the first couple of days of Fullarton taking charge.  I find it hard to believe that Fullarton would tell any player "I won't be picking you" that soon.

As I understand it this claim relates to the first couple of days of Fullarton taking charge.  I find it hard to believe that Fullarton would tell any player "I won't be picking you" that soon.

Well valencic is the only foreign player to play under Fullerton and he hasn't been seen since, what happened to Stanley, amevour and Genaro S ? They have all been left out but Stanley played for the reserves and came to see the fans, doesn't sound like someone that doesn't care about the club?

The game was very, very poor. There's clear confidence issues, whilst it's debatable if tactics being tweaked could make a difference. For me, it was one of those games where we required two up top - for us to be more direct and slow with building momentum. I have no idea why we tried to repeatedly put high through balls to create chances, we didn't seem to have the muscle to turn any of the decent balls into to chances but again, I think this comes from the fact Stead played alone.

Watching us defend the ball was very frustrating, none of the Notts players got stuck in or stayed with their marker.

How many times did Dagenham play a through ball which split more of our own players, for their only player in support to burst through and get the ball easily? The crowd was behind Notts for the majority of the game. I sat at the top and joined in with the positives chants which some seem to have forgotten took place, solely due to the fact outcries poured out near to the end of the game.

Neither side looked like 'winners' but the opposition worked better as a team, which in turn created better chances.

• Like 2

the pavis started to empty around the 82nd minute, but colin only mentions the kop??

i dont blame anyone for leaving, i stayed but yesterday was not good. i think on another day without luck or loach in goal, we could have very easily conceded 3 to 4 of their efforts. our stats just look pathetic to a team which sit bottom of the league. :( 

Awful display of football by Notts.

We could not pass, clear the ball etc. Stead looked two paces behind every Dagenham, who had him in his pocket. Stead and Murray should have scored those missed chances summed the night up for me. Stanley Aborah was in the executive boxes for last nights game, along with Snijders, Valencic etc

He seemed quite content with being at the club.

It seems we have a division amongst the playing ranks.

20 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

Thoughts on the latest shambles:

Loach 7.5* - not entirely convincing early on but two greats saves rescued a point.
Atkinson 5 - beaten too often by a tricky left winger.
Hollis 6 - defensively ok, passing awful but had few other options
Hewitt 6 - did ok.
Adams 5 - never looked comfortable all game.
Thompson 4 - awful from start to finish, just seemed to run around a bit.
Milsom 5 - a few tackles but nothing creative.
Campbell 4.5 - reasonable first half, dire in the second.
Banton 6 - looked a threat in the first half, never got the ball in the second.
Stead 6.5 - tried hard but had very little support.
Murray 4.5 - ran around a lot but no impact.

Noble 5 - never really got involved.
Mcleod 5.5 - looked like he wanted to get involved but no service.
Burke n/a

Fullarton 2 - the longer the game went on, the more lost Fullarton looked. Hopelessly out of his depth, please someone just get rid of him asap.

A bright first 20 minutes when we were denied a stonewall penalty and Stead should have scored. All downhill after that, and the second half was a huge embarrassment. We were hopelessly outplayed by the team adrift in 92nd place, and actually bossed by a midfield containing Joss Labadie!! It really doesn't get much worse than that. Fullarton has subjected the home fans to 270 minutes of the most pathetic football I've seen in 45 years. He has to go before he kills this club. This is as low as I've felt since the pre-Munto McParland days.

The last paragraph from Elite sums up where we are. Especially the piece...the most pathetic football I have seen in 45 years. ... Whatever the rights and wrongs of Stanley, I've lost all confidence in Jamie's ability to pick a team and develop a creative style. Not a lot needed fixing post Moniz. The "statement" issued today bordered on unprofessional in not really addressing all the issues raised. A PR disaster and maybe Winter (now is the Winter of our discontent) should also depart. I like to consider myself as a level headed poster, but I have reached a point of no return.