Annual cull of PON users

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

@notts-joe has given me the job of culling some of the PON members......now before you get upset at my new role, allow me to explain.

This site uses up a lot of resources, and 606 users is simply too great a number, especially if you are not bothering to post anything.

Lots of people have signed up, most with pretty boring user-names, just to avail themselves of the free PON t-shirt and 4 cans of Double Diamond offer.

Some people have only made 1 post....just to introduce themselves.....here is an example from the archives:

"My name is Fred. I have been a Notts fan since 1975 but I don't attend matches. I work in Asda and sit in my room on the computer every night".......BORING, the saddo's only post!!

This is the kind of PON user that will be culled,......... just like those deer in Wollaton Park, moping around all day, stealing valuable grass and pooping on the paths.

So.....you have been warned.....start posting NOW, and make it interesting or else.

Next week I will seeing if things have improved

Then I'm moving onto the problem of Lurkers not signing in......you will be traced via your IP address, mark my words, and will be receiving a visit from my good friend "ball-crusher"

Thanks @notts-joe for the chance to prove myself......I won't let you down

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Tarkers! Leave those deer alone! They don't want to be culled!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Tarkers! Leave those deer alone! They don't want to be culled!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Don't worry, you're safe........your last post registered 6.3 on Tarkers Clapometer.

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I resign!!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Have you been mixing skittles with your vodka? if that is one of your tipples.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

1 hour ago, BromPie said:

Have you been mixing skittles with your vodka? if that is one of your tipples.

I tried that once, it wasn't very nice. :(

OK.....just popped in to hide from the absurd temps again outside..............I was running another 45 metres of goat and sheep fencing, and chopping cactus as I went.....I got a bit dizzy, spotted the temps were over 35 degrees C in the shade....plus my pint glass was empty..............anyway, I digress again, oops.

I have just re-read my original post.....and someone has altered my wording.......honestly!

Can you (whoever you are?), actually do that?

I honestly don't mind....if it makes my posts funnier or wittier......but I seriously don't think I've used the word "pooping" since I was about 4 years old?

I'm damn sure I typed the word "sh***ing"

Am I going mad....possibly sunstroke?

OK.....just popped in to hide from the absurd temps again outside..............I was running another 45 metres of goat and sheep fencing, and chopping cactus as I went.....I got a bit dizzy, spotted the temps were over 35 degrees C in the shade....plus my pint glass was empty..............anyway, I digress again, oops.

I have just re-read my original post.....and someone has altered my wording.......honestly!

Can you (whoever you are?), actually do that?

I honestly don't mind....if it makes my posts funnier or wittier......but I seriously don't think I've used the word "pooping" since I was about 4 years old?

I'm damn sure I typed the word "sh***ing"

Am I going mad....possibly sunstroke?

We are a family friendly forum Mr Tarks! The deer's stay and the swearing goes! We don't want little Jimmys to be talking about deer's sh**ing to their parents so I just simply made it child friendly, hope you understand

@ohstanleyaborah.....so a moderator can alter my words?.......without telling me, or anyone else.....wow, I genuinely didn't know that......actually it's pretty scary!

So over on MAD, Ray is threatening to take someone to court over something that the person typed.......what if he didn't type it?.....but a MOD altered his words......I am genuinely confused.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Poor Jimmy's parents may sue! Good work @ohstanleyaborah

And, no @tarquinbeech - what people post here can be contributed to whoever posted it. So, if poor Jimmy's parents went all breaking bad and they had to call Saul to 'fix it' - it would be known in the long run.

1 hour ago, notts-joe said:

Poor Jimmy's parents may sue! Good work @ohstanleyaborah

And, no @tarquinbeech - what people post here can be contributed to whoever posted it. So, if poor Jimmy's parents went all breaking bad and they had to call Saul to 'fix it' - it would be known in the long run.

I have no idea what this means, Jimmy, breaking bad....Saul?

I understood the first bit where you congratulate a MOD on changing my actual words.....I am not sure that what this site has done is actually legal, but hey-ho, it was only one word that you allowed to be changed....so who cares?

So if I say that Trump is an idiot...I could "punch" him?................you are allowed to change that to "ass***inate" him? (my asterisks....because you do know that almost all internet conversations are tracked and stored somewhere?)

If you did that, I'm pretty sure the CIA/FBI/Homeland Security would be landing helicopters on my lawn outside!

You obviously don't seem to understand how serious this is?

@ohstanleyaborah.....so a moderator can alter my words?.......without telling me, or anyone else.....wow, I genuinely didn't know that......actually it's pretty scary!

So over on MAD, Ray is threatening to take someone to court over something that the person typed.......what if he didn't type it?.....but a MOD altered his words......I am genuinely confused.

I'm not sure how things work over there but I'm sure on here it might say who edited it and when, so the boss would know who's been saying you want to cuddle the deer instead of culling them, and Saul would defiantly fix it, then we would have Huell all up in our business! And I don't want anything to do with Huell [emoji22]

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Perhaps it would be simpler just to change Tarkers rather than his words?

if Trump becomes President I'm emigrating to Mars.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Perhaps a little note at the bottom of the post would be good when mods have to alter a post. Otherwise we could have all kinds of fun. Does this mean I can quietly add myself a few points in the prediction league? :devil:

I think I should probably behave myself before ball-breaker pays me a visit and puts me on Tarkers' barbecue :frantics:

Perhaps a little note at the bottom of the post would be good when mods have to alter a post. Otherwise we could have all kinds of fun. Does this mean I can quietly add myself a few points in the prediction league? :devil:

I think I should probably behave myself before ball-breaker pays me a visit and puts me on Tarkers' barbecue :frantics:

After I change something it tells me at the bottom I think, but yes you could have a lot of fun but that's why we were chosen to be mods because the boss knows we won't

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Going back to the cull , Tarkers should be ensconced to meadow lane to sort out the dead wood , sure he would have much work on his hands , all power to Tarkers 

8 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Going back to the cull , Tarkers should be ensconced to meadow lane to sort out the dead wood , sure he would have much work on his hands , all power to Tarkers 

I have no wish to post on a forum, where an 18 year-old can "amend" my contributions......sorry, but I have principles

ps....I'm not even sure that what happened is even legal.......but actually, I don't care

8 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said: Going back to the cull , Tarkers should be ensconced to meadow lane to sort out the dead wood , sure he would have much work on his hands , all power to Tarkers 

I have no wish to post on a forum, where an 18 year-old can "amend" my contributions......sorry, but I have principles

ps....I'm not even sure that what happened is even legal.......but actually, I don't care

That's ageist! And I'm sorry you feel that way but we cannot have swearing on this forum as young children my read it, that's my final say in the matter.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

To be fair, we do have a swear filter (albeit a US-centric one). Maybe it would just be easier to give that a tweak?

Archived