Carlton Town Friendly

Joe Jones

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

So who's going to go down at Notts County's pre-season friendly against Carlton Town tomorrow evening?

What players stood out for you against Linby that you'd like to see given a chance on Tuesday, and who would you like to see given a run that didn't play at the weekend?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I hope to be attending, id love to see jordan Richards and Mellors-blair given another run out!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Was at the match against Linby, fantastic to back  watching Notts now the close season is over with.. Regarding the match I thought already there are a couple players standing out.. Our trialist number 3 not sure of his name yet but he looked like he was able to put some good runs together and of course the number 9 trialist mellors-Blair looked very sharp.. Only downside was for me, hearing Sheridan saying he was fond of hollis and then of course he arrival of hollis in the 2nd half.. But overall it was a good performance and some from the youth players that were fielded, wondering if sheridans answer about everyone getting a chance regardless of age had put a bit of fight in them..

cant wait to see Notts against more challenging apponents in the coming weeks and looking forward to tomorrow to see them vs carlton who gave mansfield a run for their money with a 1-2 loss... 

Was at the match against Linby, fantastic to back  watching Notts now the close season is over with.. Regarding the match I thought already there are a couple players standing out.. Our trialist number 3 not sure of his name yet but he looked like he was able to put some good runs together and of course the number 9 trialist mellors-Blair looked very sharp.. Only downside was for me, hearing Sheridan saying he was fond of hollis and then of course he arrival of hollis in the 2nd half.. But overall it was a good performance and some from the youth players that were fielded, wondering if sheridans answer about everyone getting a chance regardless of age had put a bit of fight in them..

cant wait to see Notts against more challenging apponents in the coming weeks and looking forward to tomorrow to see them vs carlton who gave mansfield a run for their money with a 1-2 loss... 

Im sure it was a 3-4 loss? Either way they gave Mansfield a cracking game so id expect a tougher match than linby

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm sitting this one out but hope to make a couple, if anyone can provide their opinion that would be great.

1c18faeb32ba58df3e5dd51b0fcee17a.jpg

It doesn't look like mellors-blair will play but i see Stanley, snijders, audel, Hollis, McMillan, tootle, there looks like a good strong side there! Perhaps we are taking it in turns; playing the youth players and the first teamers alternately

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,518
  • Days Won:  9

I wished the club would get an act together with its media team, it is so poor these days.

Anyone know the score?

It finished 1-0 we were the better team by far and played some half decent football, snijders scored and could have had 1-2 more, Campbell could have had a couple as could stead and forte but their keeper had a cracking game and we were bad at shooting, Jordan Richards played well again, as did Stanley in a more attacking role, i thought tootle did well in the defensive mid role, likewise Dickinson at left back, rodman had a few good chances but everyone else was pretty ordinary but did their jobs well

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Thanks @ohstanleyaborahfor the info. Out of interest I saw that Hewitt was in the side so where did Jordan play, was he still at right back?

Thanks @ohstanleyaborahfor the info. Out of interest I saw that Hewitt was in the side so where did Jordan play, was he still at right back?

Hewitt played at centre half in the first half but then moved to right back on the second half, with Wildin playing at right back, Jordan played in the centre of midfield, he kept the ball well and kept the ball moving

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Just a small point I didn't make the game but kept up with proceedings on the official site on the wall I think it was . Twitter 

I must say 'dicko' was very vocal and would make a great captain! The best thing i heard all night was when Alex Rodman got smashed by a Carlton player, only for 'dicko' to shout 'ha ha have that rodders!' [emoji23]

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Sounds like banter could be better this time round then , good need a good team spirit a key ingredient I feel .

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I know it's a friendly and all that, but 1-0 against a team four divisions below sounds a bit underwhelming to me. How did Mellors-Blair get on?

I've only heard good things about Dickinson. I spoke to a Barnsley fan as he was there for half a season. "Fantastic player, no nonsense ... won't let anyone past, put's 'em straight into the stands!"

I know it's a friendly and all that, but 1-0 against a team four divisions below sounds a bit underwhelming to me. How did Mellors-Blair get on?

I've only heard good things about Dickinson. I spoke to a Barnsley fan as he was there for half a season. "Fantastic player, no nonsense ... won't let anyone past, put's 'em straight into the stands!"

Mellors-blair took a knock so came off! And dicko certainly looked no nonsense

Archived