Blackburn Rovers

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,775
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-owen-coyle-notts-county-3216418.aspx

Sorry to be critical but why for the admission price are we not playing Blackburn's first team, which turns out, played yesterday. 

The final friendly of the season should be against a side demonstrably better than the teams we play and this helps highlight real deficiencies, ready for the start of the new season.

Did Notts know we would be playing basically  a U21 team? A big fail for whoever a Notts who organised this game? I would have rather played a League 1 first team than some Championship reserve team

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

@Piethagoram totally agree with you. Maybe they're hoping to end the pre season on a high but if that's the case £12 for a pre season friendly against an Under 21 team is a bit steep.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Im not sure if notts knew but i definitely wouldn't be going had i not already paid

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

@ohstanleyaborah no train from Lincoln until 3 on a Sunday so I had already wrote this game off as a no go..

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,998
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm seeing a lot of complaints, I asked @Joe Jones who has gone to the game but due to illness I haven't.

Why haven't we declared this as a friendly with Blackburn's u21's or youths? Seems a little misguiding, as with the Forest fixture - Blackburn was the one most of our fans looked forward ahead to seeing and labelled it as one of the games which would give us a bit of an insight to our squad. As such the friendly means more than nothing when you play a group of youngsters in which you expected to be a least some of their first team players.

Oh well... The season starts soon. COYP!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,512
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-owen-coyle-notts-county-3216418.aspx

Sorry to be critical but why for the admission price are we not playing Blackburn's first team, which turns out, played yesterday. 

The final friendly of the season should be against a side demonstrably better than the teams we play and this helps highlight real deficiencies, ready for the start of the new season.

Did Notts know we would be playing basically  a U21 team? A big fail for whoever a Notts who organised this game? I would have rather played a League 1 first team than some Championship reserve team

How can Notts not know when agreeing terms to play a friendly? I am under the  assumption the club deals with contracts, since the last time we had arranged a friendly with Forest and they pulled out a certain lurker here was not a happy bunny.

Provided it gives the players a decent run out does it really matter?

@upthepies Disagree. Admission price suggests we are playing Blackburn's first team, otherwise Notts should have advertised match as 'v Blackburn Rovers 11'.

It's about a gradual step up in class for Notts... It's about making sure the players are match ready...playing against a weakened team doesn't help.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

A deserved win, the players looked comfortable with 3-5-2, but hard to gauge the strength of the opposition. We'll probably know a bit more at 5pm next Saturday.  It was basically a game against the sort of B team we will face in the EFL Trophy.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

Stanley was sublime until he went off, hope he is ok for next week, he will be key to how our season goes.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

it was bit boring tbh.

i thought i saw @Joe Jones at the game but the crowd was pretty lacking. i think the fact no main players featured ruined the friendly but we played okay, i think we need to take our chances but stanley looked a breath of fresh air in his new role. against a better standard of opposition i do think we would have struggled to score otherwise.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Like all the pre season matches don't read to much into who we play or results , match fitness and organisation are all we take really from them , the season soon gets underway we'll see then how we are progressing , I'm optimistic for sure coyp 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

@liampie Aye, I was at the game with a mate who's a Blackburn fan, needless to say he was even less impressed - couldn't recognise more than one or two of the players and thought they played awful!

Have to say Aborah was absolutely immense in midfield - he could play in the Championship, I reckon. What the Voldemort manager (the one who came in after Moniz whose name I won't mention because it triggers flashbacks) had in mind when freezing him out was totally outrageous.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

On 31/07/2016 at 21:44, wacky said:

Stanley was sublime until he went off, hope he is ok for next week, he will be key to how our season goes.

I'm looking forward to watching an attacking Aborah.

@upthepies I stand by my comments. Playing a under 21 Blackburn side was no preparation for playing a League 2 side

Archived