should nolan remain in the dugout?

liampie

with a lack of leadership and quality in midfield, would anyone like to see nolan step out to play or do you feel he should remain in the dugout?

i think if the embargo is not lifted, we should seriously consider it myself.

i know people dont like player managers all the time but i think it was a mistake on the part of shaun derry, tho kevin nolan is much younger in years and is a far better player all round. he did okay from my memory when he played and managed leyton orient.

I think at this stage its basically whatever is best for Notts.

My only concern would be would he retain the general overview of what's happening on the pitch if he was actually on the field?

Some may think he will have a better view of what to do, this isn't really true - he will be focusing on his performance and many other aspects. Its rare to find a good player manager, as when you play your more focused on that. It would mean we rely more on the communication before the match, as most decisions will fall down to the assistant manager. I think it could be a blessing but also impact, and I'm not sure if I would rather see him remain in the dugout.

No doubt he probably still has the quality and legs, but he could be another Alan Smith (who tries hard but struggles to contribute effectively).

It's a decision really for Kevin Nolan but no doubt it makes for interesting views.

Expect this question to be asked in a press conference any time soon. :lol:

As far as I'm aware, the transfer embargo does not allow the club to register any new players for competitions - Kevin Nolan is currently our manager, but he would have to register himself as a Notts player, and at the moment he cannot do because of the embargo.

Let's face it - unless the embargo gets lifted effectively by the end of the working week, giving us at least a few days to hurriedly bring new blood in, we're stuck with the players we've got. Can't bring anyone in, Nolan can't take to the pitch, and we can't even sign anybody on emergency loans because FIFA have scrapped the window.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived