Stop Or Drop

Dripsey3

Supporter+

Well it looks like it is going to be an exciting relegation battle in L2. Obviously you'r rather not being involved but such is life. I've only included the teams with less than 40 points. Notts have 2 disadvantages, more games played (no club has played more games than Notts) and a shocking goal difference. That goal difference right now is effectively -1 in terms of points. 

Moving up15 Crawley Town 30 11 6 13 37 46 -9 39
  1. Win
  2. Loss
  3. Loss
  4. Win
  5. Win
  6. Loss
  7. Loss
  8. Draw
  9. Loss
  10. Win

No movement16 Yeovil Town 31 9 11 11 33 38 -5 38
  1. Draw
  2. Draw
  3. Loss
  4. Draw
  5. Draw
  6. Loss
  7. Win
  8. Draw
  9. Draw
  10. Draw

Moving down17 Morecambe 29 11 5 13 36 45 -9 38
  1. Loss
  2. Win
  3. Loss
  4. Draw
  5. Win
  6. Draw
  7. Draw
  8. Win
  9. Win
  10. Loss

No movement18 Crewe Alexandra 31 8 11 12 33 44 -11 35
  1. Draw
  2. Loss
  3. Draw
  4. Loss
  5. Loss
  6. Loss
  7. Draw
  8. Loss
  9. Win
  10. Win

No movement19 Hartlepool United 31 7 10 14 37 55 -18 31
  1. Loss
  2. Win
  3. Draw
  4. Loss
  5. Loss
  6. Win
  7. Loss
  8. Draw
  9. Loss
  10. Loss

Moving up20 Accrington Stanley 29 7 9 13 30 41 -11 30
  1. Loss
  2. Loss
  3. Loss
  4. Win
  5. Draw
  6. Loss
  7. Draw
  8. Win
  9. Loss
  10. Draw

Moving up21 Notts County 31 8 6 17 34 56 -22 30
  1. Loss
  2. Loss
  3. Loss
  4. Loss
  5. Draw
  6. Loss
  7. Win
  8. Loss
  9. Win
  10. Draw

Moving down22 Cheltenham Town 31 6 11 14 34 46 -12 29
  1. Loss
  2. Loss
  3. Loss
  4. Win
  5. Loss
  6. Draw
  7. Win
  8. Draw
  9. Loss
  10. Loss

No movement23 Leyton Orient 31 8 5 18 33 47 -14 29
  1. Win
  2. Draw
  3. Loss
  4. Loss
  5. Loss
  6. Loss
  7. Loss
  8. Loss
  9. Draw
  10. Win

No movement24 Newport County 30 5 10 15 33 47 -14 25

Supporter+

That table didn't work so well, hopefully admin can fix? 

It's actually scary. We could have done without Orient's win against Plymouth, but we do now have the chance to beat them and pull ahead of them on Saturday. There doesn't really seem to be an obvious relegation candidate this season. To put it into perspective, last season just 35 points would have been enough to escape the drop. Orient already have 29! There's going to be heartache for someone, and we need to consistently keep picking up points until the end of the season to make sure it's not us.

3 hours ago, Dripsey3 said:

That table didn't work so well, hopefully admin can fix? 

Tidied it up a bit. And resisted the temptation to slip us 10 extra points :D

It's wide open still, I thought we would have made some progress in creating distance but it doesn't seem we are that lucky.

No negatives mind, though I do think we need to keep our recent work rates up and actually adopt 'smart play'. I think the team to slip into the 23rd place may be whoever chokes and fails to battle games out. If we can grind some more wins, pick points up and avoid defeats against the right teams (Orient being one). I have faith we will be okay.

God my stress levels just instantly grew after seeing the table!

It is tense, but compared to how it was about six weeks ago, we now have something we didn't back then - hope. We were freefalling into oblivion, but now we have got our groove back and are getting points. We've gone from dead certainties for relegation to in the mix, so it'll be nerve-wracking, but that's only because the chance to save ourselves is there. Rather that than the numbing acceptance of relegation, which was more or less the consensus after all those consecutive defeats.

Supporter+

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/league-two/table

That looks a whole lot better does it? Even though Newport are adrift, they have a game in hand, but they have to start winning to have any chance of avoiding the drop. After that, it's still a lottery. It will be exciting that's for sure, but I'd rather Notts not be in the mix!

Supporter+

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

Notts gained a point on all the sides below them. If you look at the last 10 games, it's clear Notts are performing better than the sides below them which is very encouraging. All Notts need to do is keep 2 teams below them. 

Archived