Magpie Player

Why should those of us who can't attend games have to keep paying for this absolute rubbish service.

When you report a problem they try all they can to blame it on you then when they realise they can't, they just ignore your emails.

All i've had today is 10 minutes of crackly interference followed by complete silence, i've tried different devices, the next door neighbours wifi all to no avail.

Technical support generally pass the blame because they employee people incapable of understanding the most basic problems (I'm referring to places in general).

I don't even subscribe to the service any more, it's all free on YouTube and I think the club should probably focus on this area - rather than trying to obtain fee's for something they can't give value to.

8 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

Why should those of us who can't attend games have to keep paying for this absolute rubbish service.

When you report a problem they try all they can to blame it on you then when they realise they can't, they just ignore your emails.

All i've had today is 10 minutes of crackly interference followed by complete silence, i've tried different devices, the next door neighbours wifi all to no avail.

To be fair, I didn't have any problems today.

Having said that, I feel the service should be centralised. I am under the assumption it's under a company that runs all/most League clubs? Could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

To be fair, I didn't have any problems today.

Having said that, I feel the service should be centralised. I am under the assumption it's under a company that runs all/most League clubs? Could be wrong. 

The storage and service is provided by a third party, who work with the company that provides the Official OS.

That said any problems I used to have, the old media team would resolve and handle. The times I contacted Platform or whatever they are called, they told me all sorts of crazy things - ranging from 'is your internet connection turned on' to 'is your laptop compatible with Windows'. :lol:

Both questions are totally irrelevant, since for a site to load it requires an internet connection and the script the site relies on is based upon web browsers of a certain standard.

Not related to the OS in which it runs on (bar perhaps mobile platforms which are slightly different due to being problematic for their own reasons).

2 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

The storage and service is provided by a third party, who work with the company that provides the Official OS.

That said any problems I used to have, the old media team would resolve and handle. The times I contacted Platform or whatever they are called, they told me all sorts of crazy things - ranging from 'is your internet connection turned on' to 'is your laptop compatible with Windows'. :lol:

Both questions are totally irrelevant, since for a site to load it requires an internet connection and the script the site relies on is based upon web browsers of a certain standard.

Not related to the OS in which it runs on (bar perhaps mobile platforms which are slightly different due to being problematic for their own reasons).

Which is the problem. We have a 90 minute service (OK - plus 15), which might take 2 hours to resolve. Irrelevant. 

Notts should have a local IT expert telling us what's going wrong and why. I leave it to Mr.Hardy if this is economical or not.

7 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Which is the problem. We have a 90 minute service (OK - plus 15), which might take 2 hours to resolve. Irrelevant. 

Notts should have a local IT expert telling us what's going wrong and why. I leave it to Mr.Hardy if this is economical or not.

I'd quite gladly pay more for a better more reliable and less constrained version of what we get.

Why haven't the FA already given every club the means to handle this themselves anyway? For what i would imagine would cost around £80,000 they could and should have given every club the servers etc to be up to date with a modern internet based society.

Archived