do you hope for a new no.1 next season?

liampie

with joe searson being pushed and scott loach looking all the more likely to leave, would you prefer someone else to replace adam collin? i think if we aim for promotion he needs to go, he does not convince me and he never seems to be vocal enough. for me this should be one of the main positions we need to cover as early as possible because i think we will lose points with him in goal.

even if we tighten up the defence, i just dont we would see a difference.

He's had a shaky start but since Crossley has taken over goalkeeper coaching, he's come on leaps and bounds. He's a standard goalie for this league, but he's also been exposed by an awful defence. I think as long as we get a better defence, we'll be ok with him between the sticks. We'd have to pay him off anyway so I'd rather we spent the money elsewhere

I prefer Scott Loach over Adam Collin but I think it would be best to find a new keeper.

Both are similar in quality, with Loach for me being better with his organisation and handling. Collin makes me nervous even when he seems capable of not doing something awkward, though I don't dislike him - he's just been disappointing this season and I would rather we find a replacement. The decision is Kevin Nolan's though, I think he will end up staying myself.

A new keeper will come in and I hope he is a vocal one. Collin is far too quiet and for the man who sees everything on the pitch, he should be the one organising his defence. Hollis probably had his best spell with the club alongside Laing when they had Roy bellowing at them.

I want a keeper that can organise, be confident under the high ball, not afraid of getting hurt and be a half decent shot stopper. So that to me means a new No.1

What's Kasper Schmeichel up to these days...? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I think we should look for a new keeper. Collin is a bit too shy for my liking, Loach is probably on his way out, and Searson cannot be anything more than an understudy for the next 2-3 seasons at least.

Now would be the ideal time to have Roy Carroll, someone who could be the no1 whilst we push Joe Searson.

Then when Joe is ready, the roles could revert? Perhaps we can have a look into an experienced keeper to replace Adam Collin, one who has a pedigree similar to Carroll and would see the opportunity to continue their career, whilst working towards coaching badges? That said, I don't really know of any keepers that would be suitable for this role. It's a shame we didn't retain Kevin Pilkington because him and Mark Crossley would be assets for Searson.

Not too fussed on this one, as I understand it Adam Collin is contracted for another year, so I wouldn't be disappointed if he kept the shirt next season.  As others have said he's a fairly standard keeper for this division, not too many spectacular games but not many poor ones either.  If we have money to spare then look for better, but otherwise that money could be better spent elsewhere.  

Archived