Favourite Derek Pavis signing?

Joe Jones

So many good players that it is really tough.

Given the career they had afterwards, you would probably have to say that his most successful signing was Steve Finnan, given that he went on to play for Liverpool and became a Champions league winner.

as for favourites, personally I would narrow it down to between Kevin Bartlett, Gary McSwegan and Craig Short. None of those are my favourite player during his era though as that is without doubt Tommy Johnson (Although you could class him as a signing in a sort of way).

• 1 month later...

First, Neil Warnock. Warnock's success was built on team spirit rather than individual class, so Warnock was undoubtedly the most important signing of DP's early tenure. In a way the same is true for Sam Allardyce, the same group of players failed miserably before that record-breaking season.

@Chris, I think Danny Allsopp signed on loan for us while Pavis was still in charge, but when he joined us permanently Albert Scardino had replaced him and was in the throes of a spending spree that would wind up with us in administration. Mark Stallard did join us under Pavis, though.

Archived