Colour of Notts County shirt names and numbers

Joe Jones

What colour should Notts County shirt names and numbers be?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What colour should Notts County shirt names and numbers be?

• Gold (same as now)
    • Yellow
    • Black
    • Red
    • Blue
    • Other

Alan Hardy is looking at potentially changing the colour of the names and numbers on the back of Notts County shirts.

They're currently gold, but fans have complained that they're hard to see, while Hardy says black would cause the names to fade into the black of the shirt stripes.

So he's mentioned red, which the club has had in the past, but given it's a bit of a naughty colour round here, it's always worth checking.

So yeah, what do you think?

Gold numbers against a light grey background (with the faded stripes) were always a bad idea. They'd have stood out better with the normal black stripes.

I'm not keen on red for obvious reasons, but it does stand out well. Blue could posssibly work.

Alternatively we do away with numbers altogether and have each player wear a different-coloured hat. The captain gets to wear a fedora.

Seeing as there is never a place for red on a Notts County shirt, black or blue numbers would be acceptable.  The gold ones are impossible to see from a distance, which was obvious from the first friendly at Hucknall.  The easiest way to recognise players these days is often from the colour of their boots!

In all honesty at risk of causing up a stir. I have had both the shirt with the red and gold numbers and think this seasons is a real smart, presentable kit. I understand children and other fans may not know the team by face and depending where you sit its quite self explanatory who is playing where. I have the home kit already and think its one of my favorites i have ever worn (I am only young). I will be buying the away kit when i get back but i believe the gold looks fine and should stay as they are.

I don't have any issue whatsoever with them being red, green, yellow or blue.

I just think it's important to see them, I am sure match officials would agree - some on Twitter might not understand but being able to see name and number is quite important on the pitch. I'm not sure the current design worked all that well.

I wonder what the outcome will be with regards to the squad numbers, it's not really visible and I had confused two players on seperate occations against Chesterfield. I honestly wouldn't mind red, because the better colours (black, white and yellow) can make 'em stand out more.

Who's against red numbers? Really curious if any really would hate it.

Archived