Matt Green

samwatto2008

So having seen him play against us on Saturday and with him being heavily linked in the summer too us, what are peoples thoughts on him and should we have signed him?

Personally i think yes, when Lincoln were sitting comfortably in the first half i thought he looked sharp with his strike partner. But the question is would he fit into a team and is he better than Ameobi or Stead? Let me know what you. Im 50/50 but i could somehow see him fitting into the team well around him (Grant, Hawkridge, Yates).  

He did a lot of running, yet he didn't look useful and I never felt he was capable of troubling us.

Now this is only one game, but I can see why Mansfield allowed him to go and why Lincoln City signed him (rather than one of the middle teams in the league - or even a bigger name). I think he's at the wrong end of his career now sadly, so with us having two experienced players and Forte already.... It just doesn't work in either his or our favour for him to be a Notts County player.

If it was a Matt Green of 4, or 5 years ago I would have him like a shot, but I wouldn't take him now. Another over 30s striker is not what we need and looking at him on Saturday, would you have played him above Stead and Forte? We need a young, hungry striker to bring through, not one who has been released at 30 by a League 2 side.

its a no for me.

he seems one of those overrated players who did not develop as a player properly and has come back down to earth with a crash. mansfield also let him go for a reason, i doubt its just about his wages but the fact hes just not as good. 3 goals at this stage is quite poor for a striker whos played as often as he has done already.

Archived