why cant we beat mansfield in the league?

liampie

so why cant we beat them? what does everyone think is the reason? manager after manager has failed to do this since god knows when.
Kevin got it totally wrong v Stags and didnt change anything until it was to late. Hopefully lessons learned

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i do think the players let kevin down though, they just had no fire and refused to play as we have seen. i do agree that changes should have been made but i think we always underestimate how difficult mansfield can be.

what does @Dan think?

We seem to struggle in most of the derbies we play, not just Mansfield - it looked like things would be different this season. After beating Lincoln City (quite fairly) I thought we would go into Mansfield prepared and more confident.

However we didn't, we underestimated Mansfield and never matched them from the off.

There's got to be a reason behind it, yet it's not just Kevin Nolan's fault or the players. There's other factors which didn't help!

It's just a wake up call, Mansfield are a difficult team to play at home and we was bound to lose sooner or later.

I just don't think this recent defeat compares to the others on any level, the players just didn't rise to the occasion thats all.

It's an interesting  topic , why indeed , football throughout its duration has thrown up strange situations like this , teams not being able to beat others for whatever reason , get ya tin hats lads and ladies , in this particular case I think it's Mansfield getting up for games against us more than we do like a cup match syndrome where a smaller club takes on a bigger one and does the business . It's seems now to have become something of an issue or even a mental thing , the less we make of it the sooner it will resolve , it's frustrating , annoying maybe , we should maybe do all we can at ours in the next match in the league to make it hostile and partisan ,don't let them fill the away stand , give them less backing , anything that could give us a symbolic edge .

It's an interesting  topic , why indeed , football throughout its duration has thrown up strange situations like this , teams not being able to beat others for whatever reason , get ya tin hats lads and ladies , in this particular case I think it's Mansfield getting up for games against us more than we do like a cup match syndrome where a smaller club takes on a bigger one and does the business . It's seems now to have become something of an issue or even a mental thing , the less we make of it the sooner it will resolve , it's frustrating , annoying maybe , we should maybe do all we can at ours in the next match in the league to make it hostile and partisan ,don't let them fill the away stand , give them less backing , anything that could give us a symbolic edge .
Can you see Alan Hardy only giving them say 1500 tickets same as we get, and Notts missing out on 3000 extra tickets being sold, he'd give them the family stand as well if it meant more money.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived