Which Notts County players should be shipped out on loan in the January window?

Joe Jones

Kevin Nolan has confirmed that several Notts County fringe players are likely to leave Meadow Lane on loan.

He mentioned Haydn Hollis and Curtis Thompson - do you think these are the only two that should leave, or do you have anyone else in mind?

Let's hear your thoughts!

Any player that doesn't fit into our current plans and sits without a single starting appearance this season (bar Michael O'Connor).

Haydn Hollis, Elliot Hodge (if he's not already loaned out), Curtis Thompson, Pierce Bird (send him back out), Peter Dearle (no idea if he's on loan or not already), Alex Howe (ditto), Dominic Brown-Hill (he needs game time else where), Sam Osborne (Ditto), Callum Saunders (although I hope he gets a chance here).

There's really not much more depth we need but it's important that fringe players get proper game time.

I am more concerned over speculation over the futures of Grant and Yates. The first year pro's cannot really progress, maybe at the standard they should be looking for.

I think Pierce Bird does have a future but players like Walker, may not have the physicality to cut the mustard at this level IMHO. 

What this transfer window will show, is exactly how good our recruitment scouting is vis a vis our competition

10 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

I am more concerned over speculation over the futures of Grant and Yates. The first year pro's cannot really progress, maybe at the standard they should be looking for.

I think Pierce Bird does have a future but players like Walker, may not have the physicality to cut the mustard at this level IMHO. 

What this transfer window will show, is exactly how good our recruitment scouting is vis a vis our competition

Whilst we would miss both Yates & Grant if they left the availability of Liam Noble has given us something that we have missed so far this year. Liam Walker has fantastic ability but he needs more players on the same wavelength to get the best out f him.

Whilst they have both been fantastic servants for the club Thompson & Hollis are no longer at the same ability level as their peers, I have a feeling that Thompson will go to Cambridge and potentially Hollis to Chesterfield.

Pierce Bird could benefit from a short loan into the Conference to get him used to the physicality of the lower leagues, Elliot Hodge just isn't good enough nor is Callum Saunders, he wasn't good enough when he was at Crewe and he hasn't got any better since.

Sam Osbourne should be getting more of an opportunity for me as his directness will always cause defenders problems, much like it did when he made those couple of appearances.

We really need to sign a striker who has the ability to change a game by taking a chance, much like Lee Hughes did, that player will be expensive, whether that be in wages, a transfer fee or both.   

Grant and Yates won't go anywhere, its people trying to sell papers.

They are contracted to us on loan and I cant see Forest breaking the deal. They may be sold but it will happen after this season ends if so, if either are on the market we should go in for them. What happened to the 100k saved by getting Noble on a free?

@TheSkipper

1 hour ago, TheSkipper said:

Grant and Yates won't go anywhere, its people trying to sell papers.

They are contracted to us on loan and I cant see Forest breaking the deal. They may be sold but it will happen after this season ends if so, if either are on the market we should go in for them. What happened to the 100k saved by getting Noble on a free?

125k allegedly paid to JS as part of tribunal settlement...so we are 25k down still

Archived