Results till end of season

ARLukomski

Forest Green L - FGR won 3 of their last 5 games. All 3 wins came at home. Notts' away form speaks for itself

Mansfield D - Typical non win in the derby 

Chesterfield D - TV Cameras, away from home, local derby. Of course we won't win

Wycombe W - Don't rate Wycombe at all tbh

Accrington L - Normal against these and especially with them having about 30 penalties in their last 10 games

Coventry D - Big game, big atmosphere, be a good crowd like 2014-15 game at Meadow Lane

Colchester D - Notts away form again

Yeovil W - Yeovil awful side, if we don't beat them I'm worried

Grimsby D - Play them just at the wrong time yet again as no doubt they'll be out of trouble by late April with the Jolley Roger in charge 

Luton D - Luton won't be arsed after picking up the title. We won't beat them. Not enough quality

What are you thoughts on this and what results do you think Notts will pick up from now till the end of the season?

FGR, Chesterfield, Accrington, Colchester, Yeovil and Grimsby are where I can see us picking up some points.

Since nobody expects it I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Notts narrowly beat Mansfield, we are due a win and they have their own issues. I'm not expecting it, yet I think it could be one of those games which we could do better than we imagine - if we sneaked a goal at Meadow Lane early then I don't think it's impossible.

Coventry we need to get at least a draw, I can see us losing that one.

Whatever happens, I just hope we sort our future before playing Luton. It would be typical for us to experience something which could see us fall out of the playoffs or secure a promotion place via the last game of the season. If we are inside the playoffs, then we need to be mindful about those games.

Supporter+

Ok here goes with my predictions.

Forest Green D

Mansfield D

Chesterfield W

Wycombe W

Accrington L

Coventry L

Colchester W

Yeovil W

Grimsby D

Luton W

Supporter+

Forgot to say, predict Noble to be sent off at FG. 

I pretty much agree with ARLumonski predictions, except I think we might beat Coventry who have also lost form recently, but lose at Grimsby who I think will be fighting for survival. If I am right we will get 13 points which will probably mean we just miss out on play offs. I think FGR is massive because if we were to win that it would give us a massive boost going in to the Stags game and things could then be very different with momentum. 

I'm not making a prediction as I'll just jinx us. In spite of all the moaning that's going on, it's good and exciting to be in the promotion running at this stage. It's a simple equation: if we keep winning at home, we'll make the play-offs. But we need more than that to make the top three.

My rule of thumb is that 80 points will give you a fighting chance of automatic promotion. We need to win six of our last ten for that. Seven wins would make promotion a likelihood. But we need to improve our form and really finish the season on a high.

I'm relaxed. In our last ten games we play the teams in 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th. If we go up, we'll have deserved it. What I want to avoid is a play-off final date with Mansfield - the twice-yearly ritual humiliation is quite enough for me thanks...

Archived