Notts County 2017/18 Player of the (Regular) Season

Joe Jones

Though the season is not quite over yet for Notts, the regular League Two programme is done and dusted, all 46 games (plus all the various cup competitions) now out of the way, so it would be a fair time to assess who's delivered for the Magpies.

Who has been your player of the (regular) season in black and white?

Elliott Hewitt by a country mile. 

At the end of last year he was deadwood. Well done KN and coaching team for making him into the first player on the sheet imo.

Grant would have ran it close, but since Xmas, he has been away with the fairies and tbh, look forward to seeing his replacement. (As long as it's not Hawkridge or Alles)

Brisley for me, the difference he has made to our defence is incredible and I thought he had a decent partnership with Hall at the weekend. Duffy now has a habit of going to ground looking for fouls all of the time when he is struggling and that constantly puts us in danger when he doesn't get it. Brisley just does the simple things you want from your centre back, he heads it and he clears it, plus he is a threat from set pieces and has to cover Jones quite a bit after he has bombed forward.

Tootle would be second and he has also had a good season.

Yates would have stormed this if he had stayed and Grant appeared to go off the boil after he left, stopping him from winning it.

Shaun Brisley!

He's been a magnificent signing for us and, considering he was signed as what appeared to be a backup option - he's settled in really well. For me he's by far the best defender on the clubs books and hopefully others will agree.

Supporter+

Jorge Grant for me, I know he’s not been on top form lately but 18 goals from midfield? Come on, it’s a no brainer.

Archived