Your message to Notts County Football Club

TheSkipper

Alan Hardy posted a message of thanks to us fans following the end of the 2017-18 league campaign on the official website.

I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to everyone who supported us throughout the campaign.

Unfortunately there was to be no fairytale ending and, given some of the refereeing decisions we were subjected to over the course of our play-off semi-final tie, perhaps it simply wasn’t meant to be.

When the dust settles, we will be able to look back on an amazing season of progression on and off the field, culminating in a breathtaking occasion which attracted a record crowd this century.

It’s difficult to put into words the level of pride I felt looking around the stadium ahead of kick-off last night. Nearly every seat was filled and there was a terrific atmosphere swirling around Meadow Lane.

We are all united in our desire to have more nights like that and with your continued backing, I’m sure we will.

While the players will now have some well-deserved time off with their friends and family, behind the scenes the hard work begins straightaway to ensure we continue on our upward curve.

As always, I will keep you informed of the latest developments in our exciting journey.

Thank you once again.

Alan

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/chairman-end-of-season-message/

What would be your message to the club be in terms of this past season and going forward?

I would firstly thank everyone for their amazing efforts during the course of the 2017-18 season, it's been a successful campaign which has renewed the hopes of many fans and it's one that nobody would have believed we'd have had. To have led the League Two table for a fair amount of time, it just seemed very surreal and after the difficult seasons we have had we finally had something to be optimistic about.

All the players have worked tirelessly, we may have stumbled a bit but that's part of 'football'.

I would encourage Alan Hardy to keep attempting to generate a buzz around Meadow Lane and, of course thank him for his effort to engage with all supporters - yet especially the younger generation as they're the future of the club.

Thank you to all the staff for lifting the club up, further progress can be made next season. COYP!

Well done on what had been a fantastic season we have had one of the best season for a long time. It’s a shame we fell short of the target but we can only get stronger and improve for next season where I know we will. Thankyou to all the staff players back room staff on what has been a great season. Here’s to next season !!

i think the whole club has done extremely well to release new life into the match day experience, i think this is partly why our record at meadow lane has been so good. yet the players, manager and staff have gone beyond my expectations.

lets hope it continues. :)

I think everyone involved with the club has made a huge impact on the future of this club. An massive increase in attendances means we are attracting more people to watch exciting football. The continued support and development with the local community is amazing and the development of the family stand can be used as an example to represent this. Alan Hardy and Kevin Nolan are both novices in management and ownership but there are doing a bloody good job at them both. Alan has increased backing of the fans and if the continued investment is supplied and the effort from the players never stops then us as fans will keep paying to come and see this progress. What an amazing season it has been and I hope next year can be just as successful if not better. 

Archived