Recruitment At Notts County

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I’ve got to say It makes a change to see the club continuously purchase players for a fee, as the Threws only did it a few times they mostly reliable upon free transfers which turned out to be unsuccessful. But things seem to have have changed what do you think about this ? Are you likening the current recruitment strategy from Hardy and Nolan and the players they are bringing in.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The Trew's downfall is in the fact they added a glossy coated appeal to thing that Ray hyped up, plus the years of gimmicks going from one trend to another. Signing ex Premier League players doesn't always make a great player for the lower tiers, it just makes fans get excited and then the bubble bursts when you see someone like Ben Burgess hyped as some sort of star player.

There's also a reason why the majority of managers only failed to do their job and, so far I am pleased to see us heading in the right direction.

Alan Judge was a massive signing during the Trew era, a player that worked hard and got us goals. He was worth the reported fee, it's just a shame we didn't know how to get a fee back in return for his services.

Hardy invested last season signing a few of the players, he did kind of hype some but we must accept that it was largely his opinion and the majority of signings worked (unlike previously) and this season I think AH has learned from this by allowing Nolan to sign 3 very decent attacking focused players.

The recruitment seems to be where it should be, so hopefully it will only improve further.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Nobody can say that the recruitment has not been better than it is now, we are finally going about business and building a team which looks great on paper. I think we need to still continue improving things, do we have any scouts yet?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i would just like to see maybe 3 more really quality additions along the hemmings and dennis standard if the budget permits, yet its better these days.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

There seems to be a solid plan behind the recruitment and for once we are signing players in the departments which we lacked the most this past season, I think moving forward we need to establish better links with other clubs. This way we can keep an eye on who they release and who may be available to come in on loan, but overall things are looking good on the recruitment front.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, TheSkipper said:

There seems to be a solid plan behind the recruitment and for once we are signing players in the departments which we lacked the most this past season, I think moving forward we need to establish better links with other clubs. This way we can keep an eye on who they release and who may be available to come in on loan, but overall things are looking good on the recruitment front.

Got to agree mate 👍🏻👍🏻

Archived