Daily chat thread - Friday 24th August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning PoN it’s a bright, breezy and cooler morning here. This is our last day so we’re heading off earlyish to Skeggy for one last fling before we go home, it’s been a great week with the grandkids, bonding and making memories.

Yesterday we went to the Wildlife Park which is about a mile up the road, it used to be just a parrot zoo but now they have all sorts of other critters including Bengal tigers, we spent most of the afternoon there and it was good value for money.

Yesterday @super_ram asked where the site was, it is between Boston and Skegness in a little village called Friskney. We don’t like the large sites with row upon row of vans, this van is privately owned in a large garden/field next to the owners bungalow, they allow just 5 touring vans and have this one static, it’s in lovely countryside. The van is adults only but we’ve got to know the owner having been before with our campervan and he let us stay with our grandchildren as they are well behaved and not far from adults now. We’ve had the place to ourselves apart from one touring caravan in the other corner of the field, there’s a large pond with ducks and there are also peacocks wandering about and lots of wildlife it’s very peaceful.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Well the weather has turned cold rather sharpish over here in the Emerald Isle! 

Jeans and fleeces definitely so the last day of beach slumping has gone for a burton! 

Packing up and sorting out first then we shall see what the day brings after that!

Our ferry leaves at 7 tomorrow so ridiculously early start tomorrow.

Have had a wonderful holiday over here as usual and seen and shared some great experiences with the kids. Weather has been great apart from the odd shower. Made a nice change to be in shorts for the whole two weeks! 

Property has been lovely and location, close to Kilmore Quay, has been brilliant. Highly recommended!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

My last day here in Cyprus. Went snorkelling this morning around Cave Greco as I love the place. It's my proper happy place outside the UK. Will be flying back with Blue Air into Birmingham tomorrow around mid-afternoon so will miss the first half of EFL games so will catch up with scores at full time. I've booked another week off work though when I get back so will be looking into getting a few articles out for you all next week. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've been struggling with back pain today, however I don't think I would change a single thing that I did yesterday - despite it seeming to catch me up the following day.

Today I have been working on the site.

I've also manually sent out e-mails to remind people that the latest round of the prediction league has been posted.

I'm going to return to knocking off items the to-do-list I have whilst I listen to one of my favourite indie bands of all time - Complete. Later on I should be at football, which will be good to see how Jake etc get on. :D 

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

im not feeling that good myself, i had a checkup earlier and i think its caused some of it.

im still enjoying my paid holidays, which i have quite a lot more to come but i am going mad. i watched a film chris recommend to me and i feel like the same person from the rear window. its funny how accidents can take away the things you take for granted.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Just posting before I head to work on here.

Shorter shifts next week, I don't know which I prefer.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Just got back from Skeggy, lots of traffic around Boston and Newark plus torrential rain, dropped the grandchildren off, now relaxing because we are both shattered.

Just going to do the prediction league,thanks for the reminder @Chris, then it’s curry for tea and maybe a glass of wine before an early night.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Jake and Ellie came to see us today which is always nice.Harry loved it too .No Ava though!.Watching telly now.Nice to read about everyone's day  

Archived