Blog ..Budget misspent Part 2

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,808
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

It's fantasy land if Nolan thinks this squad is good enough? What is very apparent from the initial games, we have no height, no muscle, no guts to grind out results yet other teams are light years ahead of us. Relegation is a real possibility unless decent loan signings can be attracted, which may prove difficult in our position

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/kevin-nolan-finds-astounding-not-1425585

I refer back to this link as to where things started going wrong. If he thought Hewitt and Duffy should have been contenders, I am sorry but I think he started losing the plot.

Hewitt looked good alongside Yates but since the latter's departure, the same Hewitt is the one that loses possession the most. The tightness of the defence for the first half of the season was down to Hewitt and Yates protecting the Centre backs. 

Duffy, well this season, seems unaware of danger and lingers rather than challenging for the ball

Coaching staff in totality needs to look at themselves. Do the players know what they are supposed to be doing. After Lincoln, my answer has to be no

Well, Nolan looks a broken man and I beleive he needs replacing immediately. Gary Bowyer is available. I will leave it at that

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Some good points made here.

And on the suggestion of Gary Bowyer...he’ll do a job for us imo. A good shout if we lose on Tuesday night and it all goes pear shaped for KN, which I fear it might now.

13 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

"lose Tuesday night"?.... FGR first:frantics:

Bloody google calendar telling me the Newport game was a league game! 😂  Premier league cup @ Ilkeston?

Then an it’s a big week with the signings then as he won’t be dismissed before then. New keeper, new solid centre back, and a tackle all day battling centre mid player.

Without these three....”I see trouble ahead.....”

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
3 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Then an it’s a big week with the signings then as he won’t be dismissed before then.

Err, you were saying? 🙁

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

16 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

I beleive he needs replacing immediately. Gary Bowyer is available. I will leave it at that

He's one of the biggest idiots in football management, I honestly fail to see the attraction. He's disliked by most of the teams he's managed, ask Blackburn and Blackpool fans.

I'm lost words.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,808
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

A Gary Bowyer / Craig Short combination? He maybe disliked but he took Blackpool up!!!! That is a big plus. He also tried to sign Michael O'Connor and did sign Marc Bola..so he has an eye for a good player...which is what we need

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

please can we go for someone with more experience.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

What is with all the Gary Bowyer in calls? He won promotion once and has ruined other clubs like Blackburn.

His record and win ratio is lower than other managers people have said are not good enough in the past. I really don't get it! Blackpool's side was way too good for League Two anyway.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

On 25/08/2018 at 22:19, Piethagoram said:

Coaching staff in totality needs to look at themselves. Do the players know what they are supposed to be doing. After Lincoln, my answer has to be no

I would say the players should know what they are doing, after all the players are professional.

Kevin Nolan seems like the type of manager who would have been detailed with his approach to the games, the players need to look at themselves. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink springs to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

8 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

This is probably the fans fault in his eyes too.

Look he made a gamble telling Kevin Nolan to sign x positions and now he's been bitten he wants sympathy, in this situation you would have thought Alan Hardy would appreciate us fans a lot more than he clearly does. 

Archived