Wolves Vs Notts County Jtp

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Walsall took them to pens, 2-2 and obviously Wolves won but we played well against Walsall - Yet Wolves will be a totally different game and one I have to say I am not overly fussed about. I think Notts can continue to perform well, it will be interesting. I can see more watching it via sky, although I hope a good following goes and supports Notts.

Wolves are 3rd in the league, I am a little surprised by this as I expected them to do a Sheffield United and struggle (not a this season Sheffield United tho)..

Notts will have to be wary defensively and despite it being it being the JPT, the game will yet again showcase the club to it's fans.

It's vital they put in a Tranmere/Crewe performance or even a Liverpool one, battle them! COYP!!

Thoughts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Another chance to try different players/tactics and keep fitness levels up?This isn't a competition to get excited about,especially the earlier stages, but it is against a side doing well,so could be interesting.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i disagree with the above comment, the timing is good. we have some good displays in recent weeks and its going to be good to get momentum out of it. if we win, it might show the lads that need to be stronger and a convincing win would reunite fans.

no offense to granny but i would say this serves a great purpose and hope more fans are excited about it.

• Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

I normally agree with that JPT is a waste of time, apart from giving youngsters a run out.

However, giving our form so far this season, it makes sense to field a strong(ish) side and try and continue the momentum after 4-0 on Saturday.

Looking forward to the game, be heading down to Wolves soon.

YOU PIES!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I think we need to be realistic, a win would be an incredible result for us tonight. We're going to be without 6 or 7 first team players through injury & international call-ups tonight, including Callum McGregor and Jack Grealish. Wolves are missing just two players. If Wolves aren't taking the competition too seriously and field their youngsters then we may have a chance. That's not entirely unlikely with their main aim being promotion. But we'll see.

I'm not holding out much hope myself because of the reasons above, and the fact it's a JPT 2nd round game, and we've never made it beyond this stage.

Still, one never knows. As long as we give them a good game i'll be happy. COYP

Team news is in

Starting XI: Speiss, Thompson, Liddle, Leacock ©, Dumbuya, Labadie, Campbell-Ryce, Fotheringham, Boucaud, Coombes, Arquin

Subs: Bialkowski, Smith, Holt, Haworth, Haynes

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

i disagree with the above comment, the timing is good. we have some good displays in recent weeks and its going to be good to get momentum out of it. if we win, it might show the lads that need to be stronger and a convincing win would reunite fans.

no offense to granny but i would say this serves a great purpose and hope more fans are excited about it.

I think Granny meant don't make wholesale changes just for the sake of it but  give  different players a chance because of the reasons Weymouth cites above.I agree ,this is a chance to keep the momentum going.A good performance is more important  and a win would be a bonus.

No offense taken,Liam,you are entitled to your opinion,just glad to hear from you again.

Yes,I meant use any enforced changes as a chance to try different things, depending on how the game develops.Happy to see you on here again,Liam ,even if you do disagree with me.

Half time 0-0.

Amazingly we've been the better side thus far. Had far more possesion and had a couple of good chances but Wolves' keeper has made some good saves. Very much a midfield battle so far but the home fans were beggining to get on their teams back towards the end of the half

COYP

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Good first half. Players look relaxed. Pity we haven't converted any of our chances with all that possession. C'mon Notts keep it up 2nd half and push on to the next round. :)

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I've been out tonight and to be honest I wasn't really bothered about this match but fair does to Notts by the sounds if it we put a decent performance in and were worthy winners.

I've just had a text from a Chesterfield fan saying he fancies a game between our two sides in the next round,I agree it would be a good draw for us maybe even a decent crowd.

• Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Speiss - 8 - was well composed throughout, couple of 'are you coming or going' moments, but generally did well.

Dumbuya - 8 - did very well at LB constantly taking players on with his quick foot-work. Faded a tad in second half.

Leacock - 8 - solid throughout

Liddle - 8 - see above

Thompson - 8 - did not look out of place at all against strong oppostion.

Campbell ryce - 5 - nothing really worked. His first touch was off, passing wayward.

Fotheringham - 7 - batlled well.

Labadie - 7 - see above

Boucaud - 7 - decent passing yet again

Coombes - 6 - some decent touches, needs to work on his strength and composure

Arquin - 5 - lazy

Haynes - n/a - didn't notice an impact

Haworth - n/a - see above

A good passing game tonight from notts. We needed someone who could strike the ball. Mcgregor. I felt if we took our chances it should have been 2-0 notts at least.

Invited pressure onto ourselves into the second half, but a solid display from the back 4 and speiss.

Good game, well done the lads!

What a result! We bossed the game and were incredibly unlucky not to win the game in normal time, their keeper got them to penalties in truth. Thought we visibly tired towards the end but that was to be expected with the energy we put in. We were just great. Closed  the ball down, hassled their lads off the ball, kept the ball nicely and also played intelligantly. To win on penalties though is excellent. The massive grin of Chris's face at the end said it all. I really think we've turned a corner, just a shame the international break has come now, we could have done without it.

Well done Notts, bring on Swindon! YOU PIES

The other results in the northern section tonight:

Port Vale 0-1 Rochdale

Fleetwood Town 4-0 Crewe Alexandra

Mansfield Town 0-1 Chesterfield

Morecambe 0-0 Carlisle United - Carlisle won 4-3 on penalties

Preston North End 0-2 Oldham Athletic

Sheffield United 0-1 Hartlepool United

York City 0-2 Rotherham Unuted

And in the Southern Area:

Crawley Town 2-3 Newport County

Leyton Orient 0-0 Coventry City - Orient won 4-3 on penalties

Peterborough United 2-1 Brentford

Oxford United 1-2 Portsmouth

Southend United 2-5 Dagenham & Redbridge

Stevenage 2-1 MK Dons

Swindon Town 2-1 Plymouth Argyle

Wycombe Wanderers 2-1 Bristol City

So the teams we can draw in the next round are:
Carlisle, Chesterfield, Rochdale, Fleetwood, Oldham Hartlepool and Rotherham

Listened on the radio with Super-Pity we couldn't take our chances in the first half but still an excellent result.Let's have more of this please,Notts.

I didn't think Notts would win tonight to be honest and after the great first half I was worried that Wolves would capitalize on Notts missed chances.I'm chuffed that Notts proved me wrong.It looks like things are clicking at last and the season now looks much more promising than it did  a few weeks ago.Well done Notts.Which team do you Notts fans want next-Chesterfield or Rotherham and a good gate?Even I'm getting a bit excited about this competition now. :thumbsup:

I didn't think Notts could win, I thought we'd have a chance but I felt that Wolves would have made more out of the game. I cannot really say I ever felt that they could get something, I found them to be very disappointing. The times they stepped up and looked dangerous, they either fluffed it or someone like Liddle crept in to intercept the ball.

Notts did ever so well, the fact we was limited at the other end - It basically allowed us to win the game.

It meant a lot to them and CK - Credit to all the fans who went down and those who decided to go down to the MLSB.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

oy,  weymouthPIE, we won 3-0 thank you very much ffs!!!

Well done on winning at Molineux, great result for you guys!!

There's a certain inevitability about the draw for the next round, don't you think?

Oh dear ,Weymouth,Consider yourself told off by Brad. :blush: Never mind we all make mistakes  and you did get the result right.

Notts v Rotherham,yes-home or away? :thumbsup:

Chesterfield - Home for me. If away - Hartlepool :D

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes, Chesterfield at home would be a good one.

Given our record up there and recent history up there, Hartlepool away is the one tie I'm desperate to avoid! lol

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

who is even left?

great game yesterday! i managed to catch it after work, i decided to pop into a near by pub which luckily had it on. quite a few of those muppet fans inside, was funny at the end when we won. one made a comment about all the things they have achieved!

players deserve credit!

Archived