5-3-2 (3 CB's and 2 wing backs)

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • đť•Ź:  twitter fmcj10

I have to admit I am someone who prefers a simple 4-4-2 (when it makes sense).

However, I think the formation didn't work previously because we didn't have the players who suited it. I don't understand why Neal Ardley abandoned it after signing Michael Doyle and Jim O'Brien.

Right now Notts are too defensive and majorly lacking in confidence when it comes to creating chances on goal.

Often it seems like the teams lacking the creativity to move the ball productively, I realise most fans don't seem to rate David Vaughan but I feel he would be perfect to be the distributor within the midfield along side the two biggest signings from the January window. The formation would allow for Enzio Boldewijn to either partner Kane Hemmings/Jon Stead or he could slot into the wing back positions (however here he would need to mark and get tighter).

I just feel the current formation is very flat and not one which suites the playing style, either Ardley amends his tactics or he switches the formation suite the passing style he's trying to get the squad to master.

I'm not sure many games will be won under the current method, so I can understand why some fans have given up and have accepted relegation.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

i dont know, i think neal ardley has set his sights on drawing and not winning games. i have to say i find his tactics and stuff to be quite negative.

how he says the fans might not like him, hes daft. nobody knows him. hes not tried.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

@Chris I think at this stage if Notts hasn't given up and Neal Ardley wants to try a little more switching the formation might just be the best bet.

It's obvious 2 centre backs switch off.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

Might aswell stick to the useless formation that Neal Ardley keeps pushing out there, too defensive and quite happy to take a point.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

We should play 352 as we don't have players dynamic enough to play 532. by flooding the midfield, we would still keep a wide presence and be harder to break down. Oh for the days when Mick Walker used to play 424 at home with Legg and Devlin on the wings. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I think 5-3-2 could work but the wing backs would have to work tirelessly, I am unsure about Richard Duffy's return. He did okay I guess, just switched off and got caught napping and left the back wide open but that was everyone's fault.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

4 4 2 should work but as we know of recently it just doesnt alot of the time.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

4-4-2 for me like @Chris is the way that I like to go or maybe 5-3-2 with to wingers who have speed to turn defence in to Instant attack. Or use the wingers to attack and cross the ball in to set pieces.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Days Won:  0

On 27/03/2019 at 10:43, Fozzy said:

We should play 352 as we don't have players dynamic enough to play 532. by flooding the midfield, we would still keep a wide presence and be harder to break down. Oh for the days when Mick Walker used to play 424 at home with Legg and Devlin on the wings. 

Playing 5 in midfield would be an utter mess, there needs to be wingbacks and support for the channels.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

On 30/03/2019 at 00:28, NortonNCFC said:

Playing 5 in midfield would be an utter mess, there needs to be wingbacks and support for the channels.

We don't have any wingbacks.

Archived