Mrs. T Speaks Out

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Mrs. T. has sent an email to the Notts County Mailing list. I won't copy and paste it as it is against their rules and I respect that but the gist of it is to say that a frenzy has been whipped up over people who haven't even applied for the job and about offers that haven't been made and rejections that haven't happened, she says the shortlists only exist in the minds of the media and the club are being judged on these things.

She goes on to say that her mum who but a few weeks ago was fit and well is in a hospice with cancer and by the sounds of it the outlook is bleak and that people need to take stock and give her and the family a bit of support.

I have to say I feel really sorry for her and the family who are having to deal with this awful family tradegy and run a football club and find a new manager at the same time.

There are certainly more important things in this life than the next Notts County manager, my heart goes out to Mrs. T and her family.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I have read this on list.

It certainly makes you reconsider some priorities, but at no point were the emails flying about on there what I would consider a personal nature.

We all know that the other site frequented by some very dubious characters, has issues with personal, vitriolic attacks against the family.

I find some behaviour totally abhorrent, and there are a few on there that seem to relish the foul abusive behaviour that their keyboard kicks out, purely for having a differing opinion.

There are then others that will get tarred with same brush when in fact the communication between themselves and Mr and Mrs T, has been nothing but polite.

Thankfully, the (IMO) undesirable element haven't found the way here yet, and long may it continue.

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes, I agree the mailing list is on the whole a pleasant place to be and is well moderated and there hasn't been any personal attacks on the Trews, I can't comment on the other site as I stopped reading it a long time ago.

An undesirable element won't be allowed on here and if they do get through they will be weeded out by the decent members we have.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

My thoughts go out to Mrs Trew and her family at this difficult time.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It tends to be the same every time we have a moment, I don't the the matters help when Rodwell's interviews leak negativity. He's spoken of 'shortlists' and hiring a manager who doesn't have a big name. I've heard comments he suggested it would be 'no experience' but I don't know, apart from one article quoting something similar.

This doesn't mean it's right, it clearly isn't. Some of the abuse is very concerning, especially when children or family members are brought into it.

Mrs Trew doesn't deserve it, I'm sure she accepts people to be negative or to dislike her (for whatever). You can't always like someone, though I find it hard when you don't know what someones like and some comments I have read, It doesn't seem they know much about her efforts to connect with fans. I've read comments about merging a group to force the Trews out, I'm afraid these will only become more silly.

I hope Mrs & Mr Trew are okay.

• Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

While I sympathise with the Trew's current family situation, I feel they set themselves up for abuse they receive from fans.

Happy to take the plaudits when things go well, but kick up a storm and threaten fans when things don't go well. If you put yourself in the firing line, you shouldn't act so surprised when bullets start flying past you. 

I for one will be forever grateful for what  the Trews have done for this club, no man, including the owner, is bigger than the club itself. Notts will move on with or without the Trews.

Players, and sometimes managers, are idols. Owners? Nope. 

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

its going to get worse before it gets better, i do feel the club requires better relations with its fans. i have nothing but respect for the trews, its no doubt a difficult role and any personal attacks are unacceptable.

what happened to diplomacy?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

No words from me can alter or help the situation Mrs Trew and her family find themselves in at the moment.I just hope she can find some extra  support from Notts true fans.My best wishes go out to her at this very upsetting time.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

While I sympathise with the Trew's current family situation, I feel they set themselves up for abuse they receive from fans.

Happy to take the plaudits when things go well, but kick up a storm and threaten fans when things don't go well. If you put yourself in the firing line, you shouldn't act so surprised when bullets start flying past you. 

I for one will be forever grateful for what  the Trews have done for this club, no man, including the owner, is bigger than the club itself. Notts will move on with or without the Trews.

Players, and sometimes managers, are idols. Owners? Nope. 

I'm sure that they wish they could have done certain things differently as we all do at times, but some of the downright disgusting behaviour of some of our so called fans has been beyond what anyone could pass off as acceptable in any walk of life in my opinion

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

" some of the downright disgusting behaviour of some of our so called fans has been beyond what anyone could pass off as acceptable in any walk of life in my opinion"

This is exactly the reason that I stopped attending that other site, and to think it has been directed personally at the Trews at their home, and towards the children.

Some of the people who claim to be Notts supporters need to really think about their actions. I consider those that have stooped that low to be a waste of oxygen.

• Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

I'm sure that they wish they could have done certain things differently as we all do at times, but some of the downright disgusting behaviour of some of our so called fans has been beyond what anyone could pass off as acceptable in any walk of life in my opinion

I agree, but these type of people are knocking about everywhere unfortunately, not just at NCFC. 

But again, you put yourself in the spotlight, you do attract these mindless zombies to attack. That goes for any kind of spotlight, not just at Notts.

Archived