Pon's Residents (Opposition Fans)

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've just been thinking, I actually tuned out briefly thinking about the hopes I had early on for this fan site. Along the way (for some reason) opposition fans joined us - It started with Shrewsbury fans, who quickly adopted the title 'Resident'. I genuinely find it enjoyable seeing them around and although some haven't visited for awhile, when they do it makes my day.

It's quite special seeing so many down to earth fans, none are what you find on general football forums.

Despite some actually coming from them! I guess it shows how nice the community here can be.

Shrewsbury - @shrewswill @friendlyshrew
Walsall - @sadlad
Rotherham - @BradtheMiller
Swindon Town - @medievalmickey
Manchester United - @SteveMUP @Zomaian

Technically and Additionally....

Derby County - @super_ram

Please if you notice anyone missed off let me know - If this happens to be you, sorry.. :D

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes it's good to have some opposition fans on here as well as Notts fans, I enjoy all their posts even @super_ram's................there I've said it. :)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

It's really very nice to be accepted by such a friendly bunch  on here.

Notts are having an awful season so far and fans are understandably disgruntled with results and performances and the new manager appointment has raised a lot of questions and opinions but the posts here have all been objective and constructive unlike on other sites(Not just Notts sites)It's nice to read what fans of other clubs have to say and the banter is brilliant.

Oh and Tony get Mrs H to tuck you up in bed,you must be suffering after your comment. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  5

Always made very welcome on here and pleased to have met Notts Joe twice now.

For all County fans its a site to be proud of and can only hope its well used and grows.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

For me, part of the whole "football" thing, has always been to have the crack with away fans, or fans of other clubs. We all see things from different perspectives, and engaging in that makes the life of a fan so much more enjoyable.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

I've been a way for to long.

It seems your growing from strength to strength, happy new year to you all.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Its nice to see opposition fans views without it turning into silly arguments. It works well here as we don't wind each other up, we can all put our points across without the need for it.

Its nice to see opposition fans views without it turning into silly arguments. It works well here as we don't wind each other up, we can all put our points across without the need for it.

No wind up ,Cheeky? That's what is nice about this site,there's a lot of good humoured  banter and no malice. :thumbsup:

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Thats what i mean.... we need banter but not full on arguments. @super_ram

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

its nice when you see them swing by, its a shame that some hardly visit now. :(

You wont  get rid of me. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I'm sure we're the last thing on their mind. 

Nice when they do pop in though

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Sad but very true.

SteveMUP (good friend) - He, along with Will and friendlyshrew was pretty hands on in the early days. I don't blame them for taking a backseat, as they are in the same position as me. Steve runs a popular Manchester United Fan Site, although I think Will's still hasn't taken off but I am sure it will.

@sadlad I consider to be a very good friends and I am hoping to meet him up when we play Walsall at home.

@medievalmickey - Is the only one I wished I had contact information, I hope he's okay. He joined us after I started posting on a forum Sadlad resides (Walsall related of course) - It used to be home for many club fans who had some sort of issue with the footymad network, I can't remember the full details. Perhaps Sadlad or Mickey will consider sharing one day.

And don't forget @BradtheMiller.It's always nice to hear from sensible opposition supporters.We may not always like opposition fan's teams but we can share our experiences in a friendly way.

Supporter+

I guess the name of the site may put some opposition fans off, if I was a fan of a different team I would probably want to frequent a forum that talks mainly about my team.

As a Notts fan I don't really want to chat on Walsall's board or Swindon's board I want to be on here chatting with fellow fans.

Of course we would welcome opposition fans and want to chat with them but I can't see them wanting to be a regular on here apart from dear old @super_ram of course. I'm so grateful he is on here as I would have no one to wind up.

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I guess the name of the site may put some opposition fans off, if I was a fan of a different team I would probably want to frequent a forum that talks mainly about my team.

As a Notts fan I don't really want to chat on Walsall's board or Swindon's board I want to be on here chatting with fellow fans.

Of course we would welcome opposition fans and want to chat with them but I can't see them wanting to be a regular on here apart from dear old @super_ram of course. I'm so grateful he is on here as I would have no one to wind up.

@super_ram likes winding you up too @tonyhately.Of course I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. :rollonfloorlaughing:

I come on here because Notts are my second team and have been since 1964.I do like to share with other teams fans as well .As for @tonyhateley -well what can I say-Multi posting,wind bag,wind up merchant with a serious side.Just what Granny,me and this site need and love. :thumbsup:

Supporter+

I come on here because Notts are my second team and have been since 1964.I do like to share with other teams fans as well .As for @tonyhateley -well what can I say-Multi posting,wind bag,wind up merchant with a serious side.Just what Granny,me and this site need and love. :thumbsup:

Careful Mr. Ram, I could almost take that as a compliment.......almost. :biggrin:

• Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  1

I don't get much time to get on here, but i do like to come and have a look at what general topics i can reply as im obviously limited with notts county topics.

Archived