Oldham - Jpt

Pies4u

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It sounded like we totally fell apart, I'm not going to comment on how we failed to come back into the game. I wonder what Shaun Derry is currently thinking? He needs to tell the players what this club means to him, pat them on their back and tell who and why certain people let us down. Dean Leacock needs to have more sense about him! Totally clueless to be sent off, even if it was 'harsh'.

Oh well, LEAGUE IS OUR FOCUS NOW.... We need to do well against Wolves or this nightmare will only get worse..

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I don't know where we go from here, that defeat is devastating, this season just gets worse and worse.

Good luck Shaun you will need it. On that showing imagine what Wolves will do to us if Oldham can beat us 5-1.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Only positive from tonight - 

Shaun Derry's interview was class.

"Either your coming with me, or you're not, but I know where I'm going" - or words to that effect.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Well, that sounded awful - another capitulation.

Money spinning cup tie potential thrown away on Sat, a sniff of Wembley gone tonight. confidnec - draining by the game.  This a very depressing state of affairs.

The only consolation - for what it's worth - was Derry's post match i/view. He recognises the problem & doesn't mince hs words. He's up for the battle with thepayers - "...either with us or they are not..".  Hope he can conjure something up pdq - we look like relegation fodder in November! No shape, no cohesion, no discipline - no idea.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i expected better from notts, having gone ahead and to lose 5-1 is extremely disappointing.

the players are only making it harder for themselves, if they want the support i think they will need to show us what it is worth. currently it is not worth much, i heard they did not clap the travelling fans! if true they need to look at themselves.

Supporter+

I agree about the post match interview, he certainly didn't mince his words and told it how it was which was refreshing.

However he will need to put his words into practice which is a whole lot harder, we can't afford to pay players off and get new ones so he needs the players on his side in which case he needs to be careful what he says in public. IMO

• Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  5

Can't believe the way Notts County's season is going. Fortunes have to change eventually.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

I'm not sure even an experienced manager could sort this lot out! Going down to 10 men should make the players battle harder but this lot aren't fit to wear the shirt!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Well last night was one massive kick on the teeth for those of us who have stayed loyal and continued to back to the team. It was ab absolute disgrace to this proud club and everything it stands for.

It's the same story every game, as soon as we conceed a goal its just a case of how many more. There's not guts, no backbone, no commitment, nothing. Only the young lads are getting any credit this season, the rest of them - well I struggle to believe they're here for more than a wage. It speaks volumes that the only 3 players who had the balls to come out and apologise were the 3 least to blame - our young, blameless keeper who in truth kept it down, Alan Sheehan who as always gave his all, and Jack Grealish who is always a bright spark.

Who loses 5-1 to Oldham for goodness sake? Absolute shambles. We made a very good team look like world beaters, it was embarrassing.

Even in league two when we were fighting merely to stay in the football league, teams had to fight for everything they got against us. They would know they had been in a real fight by the end of it. These days they just need to show up. Poor old Shaun Derry was blameless last night, and in his post match interview he seemed caught between bursting into tears, and shouting his head off.

If I was in charge most of these players would be shipped out, they clearly couldnt care lessmost of them. Neil Bishop got a lot  of grief for his twitter outbursts, but at least he was passionate enough to come out and argue, to front up to fans. These lot aren't!

At the end of the day, the reaction is going to define our season. Come May, we will either look back on last night as the seasons major turning point - when players stood up, found some bottle, and began to dig us out of this mess that THEY got us into. Or, it'll be viewed as the night when all hope was lost, and the player just rolled over and accepted the seemingly inevitable.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I'm lost for words too!

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

I'm not sure even an experienced manager could sort this lot out! Going down to 10 men should make the players battle harder but this lot aren't fit to wear the shirt!

i have to believe that its possible, not that i blame derry. i just think he will need to get to grips with those who fail to perform, give others a chance and stick to those who give everything.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Nothing I can add.It's all been said above.I wonder what it was like on the team bus coming home.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

That sounds spot on Weymouth. Cometh the hour...... oh dear, where's everybody gone?

Supporter+

Weymouth said: "Neil Bishop got a lot  of grief for his twitter outbursts, but at least he was passionate enough to come out and argue, to front up to fans. "

I wonder if the people who gave Neil all that abuse on twitter regret their actions, I bet they would have him back like a shot now, God knows we miss him.

Archived