Notts County V Gillingham

BradtheMiller

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Hello Guys, Ian here(Millers fan), just some thoughts on League One's game of the day this coming Saturday, well, the only one....lol.

From reports I read & heard, Notts turned in a much improved display & were unlucky to lose against Brentford last weekend. At the same time, we were in the process of murdering the Gills 4-1 at NYS. Gillingham couldn't really have complained if it'd been 7 or 8-1, such was our domination of the game.

If Notts can maintain the calibre of performance this Saturday v the Gills, surely the three points are there for the taking, & narrowing the gap at the bottom.

I'm predicting a 3-1 win for Notts, so good luck Pies.....

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am pretty confident we can get the result we desperately need and Shaun Derry importantly wants. He's got the worst record for any opening manager, very difficult for him but there's improvements on the pitch but little quality up front. I should add this doesn't mean I blame the forwards, I think so far they've been pretty unlucky and right now I will back Danny Haynes.

Personally I say 2-0...

I think the Gills will keep Bart busy and it's important we do not throw a young fab into this game, I don't like saying this but I think with him in goal we would lose. I say this because of the defence crumbles without Bart, perfect example is the Oldham game when Deano got sent off and he couldn't keep out Oldham. We need experience at the back, starting with our keeper and I rate Fab but I would choose him ahead of Bart right now.

COYP!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I have a feeling in me watter, and no it's not some nasty disease.

Totally agree with Joe re: the score, 2-0 to Notts is my shout.

Surely the time has come.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well I can't make this match so it is bound to be a thumping victory for the 'Pies.

4-1

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

We have to win a game sometime.......................surely?

This could be it.

COYP.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

It sounds like the perfect time for us to be playing any team looking for our first win, they have lost two players due to the end of their loan period and by all accounts are very thin on the ground.

They'll be coming for a 0-0 and pack their midfield to try & frustrate us with a 4-5-1 formation I reckon so an early goal will completely scupper their plans & if we can get a quick second the game will be over.

I'm going for a comfortable 3-0 victory but I have a feeling that this could be the game when we put all of our chances away and the score will be 7 - 0  B)

COYP 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Hello Guys, Ian here(Millers fan), just some thoughts on League One's game of the day this coming Saturday, well, the only one....lol.

From reports I read & heard, Notts turned in a much improved display & were unlucky to lose against Brentford last weekend. At the same time, we were in the process of murdering the Gills 4-1 at NYS. Gillingham couldn't really have complained if it'd been 7 or 8-1, such was our domination of the game.

If Notts can maintain the calibre of performance this Saturday v the Gills, surely the three points are there for the taking, & narrowing the gap at the bottom.

I'm predicting a 3-1 win for Notts, so good luck Pies.....

If Carling did predictions............. Well done Pies!!!

Frustrated at times in the first half, we played well but invited warning signs. I didn't know where a goal would come from, one striker hampers out play.

We focused on the flanks as always and you all know I'd prefer to break through the centre (at least sometimes).

Our goal was decent and it surprised, I felt we would be okay from that point but we invited play.

Second half once we took the game, it was about scoring and dominating the possession. Very good day for McGregor, he was on fire.

Proud of the lads because they had to battle.

Gillingham looked weak at the back, lively going forward but we did it. Grealish and McGregor star with us, we provide them with what they need and right now it benefits all clubs concerned - get the deal done, convince them!

Well played Notts!

• Content Count:  486

We won!

3 incredible goals, 2 of them simply stunning tbh.

This was a game of chances at both ends, goal line clearances, woodwork being struck, spectacular saves and it resulted in a much needed and hard earned victory.

The critical element for me was the fact that we came back after they equalised and didn't hide. The other key factor was taking the ineffective and increasingly useless Haynes off and replacing him with a bloke who actually gave defenders problems, held the ball and looked like he wanted to be out there.

If I ever see Haynes (or Fotheringham & Labadie for that matter) in a Notts short again it will be too soon. Biggest waste of a shirt since....... I can't honestly remember, he is a joke footballer, complete waste of space.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

At last another Notts Victory.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

At last.I hope this gives the Notts squad some confidence and is the start of a long run of good results.

Oh dear, now what do I do?

I am forced to not even listen to commentary, a training day at work. Notts finally win...

Do I now ban myself from listening, hoping that the run continues?

Willing to take 26 for the team

Supporter+

What a great result for the 'Pies. Typical I wasn't there, lets hope this is our turning point and we can kick on from here and start climbing the table.

YOUPIES :clapping:

Like me, you will have to ban yourself for the good of the club ;)

What a great result for the 'Pies. Typical I wasn't there, lets hope this is our turning point and we can kick on from here and start climbing the table.

YOUPIES :clapping:

Right, that's it.... I'm giving online duties for match days now, until we lose again! Little George can go watch it with Julie, until you learn by your mistakes! haha... Where was you?!?!

Ellie came with me! 3 home games, 3 wins!

Supporter+

Right, that's it.... I'm giving online duties for match days now, until we lose again! Little George can go watch it with Julie, until you learn by your mistakes! haha... Where was you?!?!

Ellie came with me! 3 home games, 3 wins!

We had our other grandchildren over for the weekend and we drop everything when we see them to give them a good time, so Notts County has to play second fiddle I am afraid.

I'm not sure Julie could cope with George, he can be a little monster at times in spite of his angelic looks. It sounds like Ellie ought to be there every game until we are safe.

Like me, you will have to ban yourself for the good of the club ;)

In fairness, I have missed other Notts games and when I have seen the result have thought to myself "thank God I missed that one" :joker:

Archived