Neil Cox joins Scunthorpe as manager

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Give the assistant role to Michael Doyle, than pass the armband onto someone else. I don't mind Doyle being the assistant/player, I just don't think he's first team material anymore. Would rather inject some life into the midfield, and this way we have some who can occasionally play as a backup.

No doubt he can pass, but sometimes he doesn't look able to do 90 minutes (unless others around him are playing well themselves).

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

I wish him well, he always seemed to be the person coaching the players and trying to get into their heads. I hope the club finds someone suitable to assist Ardley.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

That's a shame for us, but a great opportunity for him. Good luck to the bloke.

It'll be interesting to see who comes in as assistant now. No doubt NA will have someone up his sleeve, maybe from his Wimbledon days?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I wonder if Cox will look to try and get any of our out of contract players there… “Ands aff r Lacey n Denno mate!” I’m just glad the Wootton deal got made permanent, otherwise I think Cox would’ve kept him there.

As for Doyle as the new No.2, I got the impression from the interviews I heard with him over lockdown that he wants to play for as long as he can and that the coaching side of the game is something he’ll do once he’s retired. Who knows, but I’d be surprised if he took it on.

Just looking around a bit, Simon Bassey was a first team coach under Ardley at Wimbledon, he left them last year. Ardley will also know all the coaches from his time at Cardiff. And then there’s also all the players he’s played with, bound to be a few coaches in there. Could be someone completely random as well, it will be interesting to see who does get the job.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Good luck to him. Ardley said he wasn't going to stand in his way. It's a chance to manage. Who wouldn't take that opportunity.

Doyle, Simon Bassey possible replacements?

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,801
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@menzinhoOne would hope that in his release clause from Notts, there would be a legal commitment not to sign any Notts players, including those out of contract

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

17 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@menzinhoOne would hope that in his release clause from Notts, there would be a legal commitment not to sign any Notts players, including those out of contract

I'm unsure if the club would do this, as I think free agents would be seen as fair game.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,936
  • Days Won:  162

kyle wootton came from scunthorpe didnt he? i hope notts did no do them a favour by wavering any compensation.

i wish him the best in his new role.

Archived