Purchasing other clubs streams

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I don't mean like teams Notts are playing away, I mean like other Non League and Football League teams. I have been watching some of Derby County's games, along with Walsall.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

No, however, I have mentioned to @super_ram that I am tempted to stream hop.

I think it would be an interesting thing to do and, I would've by now had I not gone away on a family break. Last game I caught was against Maidenhead at the very start of going away, I am hopeful to catch some when Notts play away. I don't trust the away streams with Notts, not after Dover.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

no, but i am looking forward to being able to watch notts again.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

To be fair @Chris, in Dover's case it was the first time they'd done it. We're a good few weeks into the season now and any major problems should be ironed out by now. When watching other teams' streams, it's worth checking what people are saying about the streams on their fans' forums. If they're faulty, there'll be no end of people complaining about it.

Personally I wouldn't. It's quite expensive if you do it every week, and I don't really enjoy watching matches with no fans in attendance if I'm not emotionally invested in one of the teams.

On 04/11/2020 at 15:44, DangerousSausage said:

To be fair @Chris, in Dover's case it was the first time they'd done it. We're a good few weeks into the season now and any major problems should be ironed out by now

There's nothing to be fair about, bud.

They wanted fans to wait 4 weeks before asking about their refund, it takes less than 14 days and after which it will become increasingly harder to claim it. Something which I feel Dover knew, as I feel they did with what platform they opted with. It just seemed like a cash grab and, a poorly executed one at that.

Done right in their first attempt, they would've been rewarded far better.

In their statement released on their official site, they mentioned a considerable cost - the premium package most clubs in this league should be able to afford. They must've known that they'd run out of bandwidth after our games stream too, all of which comes across as very dodgy.

Additionally, they're the club that cancelled last seasons away game twice as fans were no less than 5 minutes from the ground.

It's very easy for people to blame the officials but the club is an absolute joke.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am watching more games that are being shown on TV.

I thought about watching Leeds, Derby and Sheffield United a few times but I think the right game would tempt me which I haven't seen any of them lineup against. Most tends to be picked up by TV, such as Derby vs. Forest.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I wasn't specifically talking about Dover @Chris. Our away match there was the first time they had done a live stream. In the case of Aldershot yesterday (or any other team whose live stream you fancy watching), they have now done it several times before and had the chance to iron out any teething problems.

@DangerousSausage I have seen some fans comment about issues with Aldershots stream.

I just see it as being a huge gamble.

The biggest issue with reading what other fans have to say, we have no idea how content they're and at the same time have they played another team where the demand could be much higher than it is from a team well supported like us. (I had to strike that bit out, we have a lot of dummies being thrown out of the pram at the moment).

I'd feel it's a risk watching away streams in League two.

It's just the way it is and, I don't want any headaches. Provided Mark Stallard is co-commentator I am happy listening to the radio for away matches.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

I am not that interested in other clubs, any matches that I might find interesting to watch will be on TV.

Archived