Departure

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He should've phrased it better, I don't think it's the worst comment that's been said and I certainly don't think malice was behind it. If it was intended as a joke, it's s bad one.

Racially motivated? I don't think so, but the passport part is unacceptable.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

Absolutely the right decision to resign, simply not needed.

Its not a productive comment to make at all, so I am pleased he coughed up and stepped down. Notts County does not need people who can make rash comments.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

It's a stupid comment to say but also to think, I don't understand how someone in a professional game would even do it. Its 2020, no room for it.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Racist comment and no room for it in modern society, never mind football.

Admittedly not as bad as what I was expecting before the details were released, but doesn’t take away from the throwaway racism in the comment.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

Takes nothing away from it, Ross did the right thing by resigning on the spot. He's going to find it difficult to get back into the game any time soon, its good he opened up and admitted it was wrong though. All of the criticism about it, you would hope he learns a lesson from it.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

Its a daft comment to make by someone who should know better, I accept that there was no malice and it was probably said due to frustration. Nothing makes it acceptable and I am glad that all parties involved moved on with matters. I thought Notts handled it well by putting out the short acknowledgment, they must have known he planned to address the event via the media.

Archived