- Comment on the Richard Montague interview here
- Who should be recruited in January? Read this excellent recruitment doc from member ARLukomski
- PoN member McPie asks have we progressed under Martin Paterson? Join the conversation here.
- PoN member theAnticlough poses a new set of questions about the team, click here.
- Notts confirm Belshaw signing
- 👋🏻 Welcome the newest members of Pride of Nottingham! Drop by and say hello, it’s always great to see fresh faces joining the community. 🫱🏼🫲🏼
- 👀 Check out our activity stream to see the latest content as it happens live. Join in with the conversation on Pride of Nottingham.
- Got thoughts on Notts? Share them and help Pride of Nottingham hit its content target! 🏁
- Reply to and read discussions without leaving your screen. Check out the Pride of Nottingham 'Topic Feed', which brings you all the latest content from our community forum in one place.
Everything posted by Blake
-
Match Preview: Notts County Seek First Win Against Grimsby Town
I believe it will be a decent game, but I don't believe we will witness more than 3 goals on this occasion.
-
David McGoldrick: Ready and Waiting to Shine at Notts County
Considering he's in the later stages of his career, I don't reckon he'll be starting matches frequently. However, there's no reason why he couldn't influence games as a substitute. Young players find it tough to get game time, so at least he's been getting minutes on the pitch. I am confident that he will receive more playing time as the season progresses.
-
The Nest/Fan Zone: Update.
I hope it does well tomorrow and helps to thin things out ahead of the game.
-
Macaulay Langstaff Watch.
Millwall need to stick with playing Macca. Having him in and out won’t help, and dropping him won’t either. He’ll start to succeed if they give him time.
-
Notts County Academy Watch.
I hope the youth keep getting support, they could be our future.
-
Conor Grant Excited for Meadow Lane Debut: 'The Pitch Looks Beautiful'
He seems like a solid League Two player, and his experience from Barnsley could be valuable. I hope he keeps performing well—it's always great to see a new Notts signing make a good start.
-
Match Preview: Magpies Target Early Season Win Against Fleetwood Town
A good opening home game, but Fleetwood can be tricky and turn games around when they get going. Hopefully, Notts will stay strong in defence and keep them quiet.
-
Match Discussion: Game 2 - The Fishermen (H)
With our best team, Notts should perform well. The pitch should be more suitable for us than for Fleetwood, at least in theory. We aim to play attractive, attacking football, while Fleetwood prefer to build up their play patiently and counter. It should be an exciting match.
-
Match Discussion: League Cup - The Shrews (A)
If we can get good form going in the league, this will be forgotten, but I don't think it's as bad as some on social media are making it out to be. I believe Notts have many fans who understand the game and know the players gave their best effort. In the end, that's all we can ask for.
-
Match Report: Notts County Fall in Dramatic Penalty Shootout After Six-Goal Thriller Against Shrewsbury Town
I don't believe that. I think he did make the changes, but it was to balance the squad. He should have made fewer changes, but he's trying to give everyone some time on the pitch. It was a bad decision, but some fans swearing and complaining doesn't reflect the actual performance. If we win, people are happy; if we draw in a hard-fought match, the defence gets praised. But we lose on penalties in the League Cup, and some fans act like we didn't even try, or that getting personal with the players is justified.
-
Match Discussion: League Cup - The Shrews (A)
It was a game we probably should have done better in, especially being 2-0 up, but I’m not going to complain. We gave a respectable performance against a good League One club. Losing games is normal, and we made it to penalties. The second half wasn’t great, but you have to take it as it comes and learn from it.
-
Match Report: Notts County Fall in Dramatic Penalty Shootout After Six-Goal Thriller Against Shrewsbury Town
I'm not sure some of the comments on social media are fair. It makes Notts look like we've got fans who can't handle losing. Sometimes, you just have to accept it for what it is—we crumbled, but still put in a decent performance.
-
Match Discussion: League Cup - The Shrews (A)
The squad will likely see some rotation, though I’m not sure where. I doubt Jodi Jones will be dropped. It might be worth keeping Adam Chicksen in, so he can keep working on his role. I think the changes will probably be in the midfield rather than in the defence or wing-backs.
-
Tranmere Rovers 0-0 Notts County: Magpies Dominate Possession but Settle for a Point at Prenton Park
Doesn't it show that most fans just want to see the effort and will praise the players for that, even if we only managed one shot on goal? Tranmere made it almost impossible by parking the bus, especially during set pieces. It wasn't a boring draw, like some have said.
-
Notts Alumni: Jeff Astle
The dementia part is really sad; it’s awful to read that he suffered from it. But his legacy lives on, both in and out of football. I had heard his name before but didn’t know much about him until now. It’s good to learn more about Jeff Astle, I think it’s important.
-
Faces of PON 24-25: Tranmere Rovers (A)
Great photos! I can't wait for you to do this at Meadow Lane.
-
Stuart Maynard Praises Defensive Display as Notts County Draw with Tranmere
I thought the midfield defended just as well as the defenders; we didn’t only rely on the backline. Sam Austin really got involved, and one of the best parts of his game against Tranmere was his ability to win the ball back. It’s not just him either; it seems everyone’s been told they must win it back quickly. The defence was superb, and I hope it continues.
-
Conor Grant Eager to Make an Impact at Notts County After Signing From MK Dons
I believe he is a signing that will benefit us, as our midfield was where we struggled last season. Some might say it was the defence, but a strong midfield helps with that as well. I think we got tired and really missed Matt Palmer. Conor Grant gives us more options, so I consider it a good signing.
-
Match Discussion: Game 1 - Super White Army (A)
I agree. In time, we could easily become one of the better teams with how we defended. Of course, we need to see how we compare to other sides, but it’s promising.
-
Match Preview: Tranmere Rovers and Notts County Gear Up for Exciting Season Start
Can’t wait for the match! If we keep our composure, especially away from home, I think we can take all three points.
-
Cedwyn Scott Eager to Embrace New Role as Notts County’s Number 9
I love Cedwyn Scott and everything he represents when he wears our colours. His pressure and skill at winning the ball have opened up so many opportunities for us. No matter where he plays, he always gives 100%.
-
English Football League Two Insights: Final League Standings Predictions by ARLukomski
I’d prefer if MK Dons didn’t win the league, but I have to admit they look like strong contenders. We might see a few surprises, but I think this is a great and detailed insight. Thank you, @ARLukomski.
-
Can Notts and Others Make the Leap? A Look at League 2 Promotion Prospects
Notts will need to focus on keeping players fit and hope we can avoid injuries. We have a strong squad with good options on the bench. There are many good teams at this level, but there might be four teams in the running for the title.
-
Support Our Growth: Subscribe to the Pride of Nottingham
I would like to donate sometimes, but I would need to do it in person. ????????
-
Match Discussion: Game 1 - Super White Army (A)
I hope Notts goes into the game without nerves. It's understandable, but the focus must be on putting in a good performance. I'm hoping Stuart Maynard doesn't focus too much on an attacking lineup.