Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Pride of Nottingham (Notts County Community)

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wheelbarrow repair man

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wheelbarrow repair man

  1. Just one thing Matches last for 90+ minutes Not 60. The Head Coach also failed to Mention that the second part of Preseason and the Preseason as a Whole was disappointing. The last Few Matches it was the same old Notts of last Season leaking Goals and losing Matches at the Death. I think one of the best performances was the second match against Peterborough when Notts fought back from being 3-1 down to level the Match at 3-3 only to lose the match by conceding in the 89th minute. Realistically, I think the Magpies may be in for a Rough Season and will Struggle to make an Impression on the Playoffs. As always I'm More Than Happy To Be Proven Wrong.
  2. Good Article. Reading it I think Helps Hammer Home Notts just haven't got what it takes to get them over the Line for Promotion to League 1. Despite the signing of New Players and a Tighter looking Defence (on paper anyway) there just seems to be something Missing from the Notts Make Up, to turn them into Potential Promotion Candidates.
  3. I hope Notts have put their Dismal Preseason behind them and Don't Carry that form into the League Campaign. Otherwise I see a 3-1 drubbing.
  4. Quite So @Robbie something isn't right. Then again Macca is No Longer Notts Problem. I Only Hope The Lad Isn't Affected by All these Shenanigans.
  5. Could there More to the Rumour of him signing for Leeds? And the injury story was just a ruse regarding his departure from the Millwall Spanish Training camp ? One can Only Wonder Eh @Robbie ?
  6. @Pies79 I understand your point Regarding another Striker. But Notts have already sent One Out On Loan, in Junior Morias. I think it was hoped that Cedwyn Scott would step up Now Macca's gone and form a Strike Partnership with Jatta, but that (as yet) just hasn't Happened.
  7. @Robbie Perhaps the one thing that can be taken as a Positive from the Second game was the Fact despite going 3-1 down, the Notts players still fought on and brought the game back to 3-3. before doing what Notts have got into the Habit of doing, Throwing the Game Away at the Death. I Think You're Right on this type of Form, I can only see Notts has a Midtable Side at Best.
  8. In the Second Game, same Old Notts. Fall Behind from a Headed Corner. Lose to Another Late Goal. Reading the up dates of the Match, It Appears McGoldrick had a Decent Game. Will he start Alongside Jatta instead of Scott next Saturday? Or will Maynard keep him on the Bench hoping to make an Impact should Notts need it against Tranmere?
  9. Looks a Decent Line Up. Now lets see if Notts can Get A Decent Result.
  10. @Robbie Strange isn't it, You know how Notts should Play, I know how Notts should Play. So If Stuart Maynard gets the sack, You Apply for the Head Coach Position and I'll Be Your Assistant, What Do You Reckon?????
  11. @Robbie It True what Carlton Pie says neither Jodi Jones Nor Aaron Nemane are Not Defenders. Aaron is No Bigger than a Pile of Coppers so he ain't gonna out jump a Six Foot Plus Striker. Jodi is only slightly built and Can't Out Muscle a Big Centre Forward. The Lad is Built for Speed and Trickery . There should be Enough Defenders to Do that job so Neither Jodi or Aaron need to come back and Defend. But the "Model" System ( How I've Grown To Hate That Word) must be played. Tippy Tappy build Up From The Back. Get to the Opponents 18 yard Box then pass it all the way back to the Notts Keeper. When will Stuart Maynard realize the System's Wrong? When he loses his Job. When will Richard Montague realize the System's wrong? When Notts are fighting a Relegation Battle. Then Again Montague Strikes Me As Someone Who Thinks He Can Do No Wrong. Until a Coach comes in (or Stuart Maynard sees the Light) and Stands Up and Says No the Magpies Aren't Playing This Way and things change it would seem our Favourite Team are going to be in for a Season of Struggle. I'm More Than Happy To Be Proven Wrong.
  12. There was this couple who were going to a Friends Fancy Dress Party. Suddenly their Car breaks down. The Husband can't fix it and he says to his wife, I'm going to lock the Car and leave it here till morning and get the AA out so they can sort it. How are we going to get to Ian and Brenda's ? asks his wife. Look says the Husband. You can see their house from here. Pointing to their Friends Big House which can be seen across a Field. We can put our costume on and walk across the Field to Ian and Brenda's. So they put on their costume a Pantomime Cow. The Husbands at the front while the Wife is the back end. Anyway half way across the Field, they hear a Bellow. Oh No says the Wife. It's the Bull. What are we going to do? Well replies her Husband, I Going To Pretend To Eat Grass. I Think You should Brace Yourself.
  13. There's this Doctor walking around a Maternity Ward he goes to the first bed. Morning Mrs Thompson. I see your Baby's due on August the 15th. What do you want a Boy or Girl. I'm Not bothered Doctor just as long as it's Healthy. Doctor goes to the Next Bed Morning Mrs James. Oh I see your Baby is also due on August the 15th. And what are you hoping for? I'd like a little Girl Doctor because we've already got a Little Lad. Onto the Third Bed goes the Doctor Morning Mrs Connelly. I don't believe this your Baby is also due on August the 15th. Looks like I'm going to be busy. Boy or a Girl? I'm Not really bothered Doctor. Next Bed Along. Morning Mrs Reeves. Oh I see your Baby isn't due until the 19th of August. That's Right Doctor I Didn't Go On The Same Coach Trip The Others Went On.
  14. There's a Big Sign over Heaven's Gate. All Men Who Have Been Dominated By Their Wives Stand Here. There's A Que a Mile long. Along side the First gate there's another Gate, with a sign over it. All Men Who Haven't Been Dominated By Their Wives Stand Here. There's One Skinny Nervous Looking Chap Standing There. Saint Peter walks past and says what are you doing there? The Skinny Chap Looks at him and says, The Wife Told Me To Stand Here.
  15. What line up should Stuart Maynard Go For? Simple The Strongest Possible, the 11 he intends to play at Tranmere, against the Best Posh have to offer.
  16. Preseason Friendlies are to build up a Players fitness, time for New Players to get settled into their New Environment and for the Head Coach to get an idea of the players he'll start in his First XI once the League Season Starts and by Winning Games to Install Confidence and a Positive Attitude. Leaking Goals was a Major Problem last season and new Defenders have been brought in to Stop the Rot. And yet 7 goals conceded in the Last 3 Matches alone Is A Major Concern. So perhaps the Fault doesn't lie with the Defence more of the way Notts play. I don't know how many more times Fans are going to have to say this, until Richard Montague and Stuart Maynard Realize it. THE NOTTS TIPPY TAPPY FOOTBALL "MODEL" DOES NOT WORK. I would say a Majority of Players Don't like it as it goes against the way they normally play and New Players are struggling to Adapt. Stuart Maynard does Not have very good Man Management skills. However left to his own devices he May be able to Find a Winning Formula. But I think there is to much Interference from other Quarters that Stops him doing his Job Properly. And for Fans not overly concerned with the Preseason Results, if memory serves, the Preseason before Notts were Promoted back into the EFL, the Magpies Didn't lose a Match. Therefore Winning becomes a Habit and a Team will carry that Winning Attitude Into The New Season.
  17. Really what an awful Performance. For a Team that's strengthened defensively with the hope for Pushing for Promotion to League 1 and they can't even beat a Non League side. Just What The Hell Is Maynard Up To? Does He Enjoy Putting Himself Under Pressure? Heaven Help Notts on this Performance against Peterborough they'll Rip the Magpies Apart. And don't go on about it's a Friendly and it doesn't count. That's as Maybe But Winning any kind of Match Breeds Confidence through out the Squad. And if the Magpies get a Thumping at Peterborough Well it won't belong Before in some quarters before the Knives are being Sharpened Ready For Maynard.
  18. @DangerousSausage Fair Enough I Didn't Know A Club Is Only Allowed 22 Squad Members.
  19. @Fozzy 19 or 20 players, (I said 20 because someone stated it on PON) It simply isn't Enough. As I said in my Previous post a Squad of 24 Senior and two Academy players, should be sorted now ready for the Season's start. @menzinho Thanks for the Highlights upload. Just watching these clips Notts defenders still hang off attacking forwards instead of tackling them. New defenders seem to be playing a system that's Alien to them it looks like they aren't playing their natural game and if this isn't sorted quickly Notts could find themselves struggling playing a "Model" that doesn't suit them.
  20. I walked into the bathroom the other day, and the wife had just gotten out of the shower She was Bent over in front of me Drying her feet. I Thought Wow. I wish I could Bend Over That Far.
  21. The Senior Squad at Notts is 20 players. And with Matt Palmer and Nick Tsaroulla both still inured then the number is down to 18. That's not enough. The Magpies first Match is August 10th so between Now and Then the Club need to sign another Four Players (that's the number often quoted) Four players in 13 days that's a Big Ask, Four New Players who have to learn the type of game Notts play over 1 or 2 Preseason Games. I would have hoped the Squad would have been settled by Now and Preparations for the Season more or less Sorted. 24 Senior Squad Members plus a Couple of Academy Players, to Choose From.
  22. Ok it's a Preseason Friendly, No League Points at Stake. But isn't there a worry that Notts are 2-0 against a National League Side an instead of going on to Score more Goals, and Secure a Confidence Boosting Victory the Magpies end up drawing 2-2. Stuart Maynard seemed far to casual in his Interview, surely by now he should have his Starting XI ready for the opening Game at Tranmere and they should be playing in these last few Friendlies.
  23. Did You Notice how far Bass came out of his Goal to set up the passes which lead to Notts Second Goal. You will Also Notice there are No Notts Defenders covering the Magpies Goal if Bass had lost the Ball. Playing Tippy Tappy Football is Wrong for Notts and if they go on Playing that way, instead of Pushing For Promotion, the Magpies could Find Themselves in a Relegation Battle. I was thinking @Robbie as Scott Fully Recovered from his injury? Then again he as to learn how to play along side Jatta and that may take Time. Once he does find the Back of the Net, I think other Goals will come.
  24. Once Again the Notts Defenders instead of Tackling the Opposition they run along side or away from them. Echo's of Last Season? Hasn't Anything Been Learned? It's No Good being on Top for 80 minutes as in Germany or 45 minutes like Today. Matches are for 90+ minutes. Another thing I have noticed about those two Matches, once a Goal Against Notts goes in Heads Drop and the Magpies become More Vulnerable to another Goal. Where's the Leadership on the Pitch? Oh of course He's Now Coaching in Sheffield.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.