Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Pride of Nottingham (Notts County Community)

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wheelbarrow repair man

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wheelbarrow repair man

  1. Chatting to my mate Dave we talking about old Girlfriends. He told me one of his Old Girlfriend's wanted him to spank her. Why ? asked Dave Because I'm into discipline was her reply But Dave said he didn't Spank her, he made stand in a Corner then gave her a Hundred Lines instead. Three New Websites for the single Over Sixties Person, I Don't Wont To Die Alone .Com Shingles Only And Carbon Dating. Com When You Meet The Love Of Your Life In Your 70's You Don't Have To Worry About Meeting Their Parents.
  2. I was talking to my next door but one neighbour Bill, he's 76 and as just got himself a New Girlfriend. Morning Bill I said How are you and your New Girlfriend getting on? Oh we Split Up he replied. I'm Sorry, What Happened? Well it turns out she's got Multiple Personalities. And You Know Me, I'm Hopeless With Names.
  3. Like most members on here I think this Trophy is a waste of time, I suppose the only Good Thing about it is, that as it's been said Players who haven't featured much will hopefully get match minutes under their Belts.
  4. So I'm chatting to a Neighbour and he says I'm having Sex at 66. I live at 64, but I'm having Sex at 66. So I'm in the Pub chatting to this very attractive Young Lady. And What's your Name? I asked Carman. Oh is that name from your Mum's or Dad's side of the Family? Neither. I made the name up because of the two things I Love Cars and Men. What's Your name? she asked Beer P***y.
  5. We Deserved More. Unfortunately neither Life nor Football works out that way. Things usually equal out over a Season, there will be one or more matches, we Notts Fans will come away from and Ask, How The Hell Did Notts Win That Match? As Greavsie used to say It's A Funny Old Game.
  6. Back at the Doctors I said Doc you've got to help me One minute I see Mickey Mouse swirling around me, then It's Donald Duck, then Minnie Mouse and then it's Goofy. MMM said the Doctor How long have you been having these Disney Spells?
  7. Two Blondes walk into a Bar. You'd think one of them would have been looking where she was going. What about the Blonde who didn't know the difference between Vaseline and Putty. Her Window panes fell out. Why did the Blonde American Woman move from Washington to L.A? Because it was easier to spell.
  8. Not yet being able to make it down the Lane, I have to rely on these reports and it seems the Magpies were a trifle unlucky and Tsaroulla had three good chances to put the ball in the back of the net. And as it's been stated had those chances fallen to Didzy Notts could still be sitting at the League 2 summit. However as I've said before it's a Marathon, Not a Sprint and Notts current position means Nothing now come the end of the season, is when it really Counts. Reading that Jodi hobbled off is a bit of a worry, due to the fact how important he is to the Magpies. But then again he may be able to be rested for the games against Burton and even Morecambe as I believe Notts have more than enough fire power to beat Morecambe. There's No point in trying to rush him back, should the injury prove to be more than a niggle.
  9. So there I am at the Doctor's. Now then what seems to be the Trouble? He asked. Well Doc during the day I keep hearing the songs I'll never fall in Love again, The Green Green Grass of Home and Delilah. Ah says the Doctor You've got Tom Jones Syndrome Is that Rare? I asked He replied Well It's Not Unusual.
  10. Seven Dwarves in the Bath all Feeling Happy. Then Happy got out, so the Rest started feeling Grumpy. Then there was the time I Shot an Elephant in my Pyjamas . What he was doing in my Pyjamas I've No Idea.
  11. @Robbie While there is No denying Stuart Maynard as made Rapid Strides in his full time Head Coach Role, there are still problems he hasn't come up against, however whatever problems come his way I am confident he will overcome them. On present form the Magpies should at least make the Playoffs, it as been quoted by Notts Fans on Youtube and other platforms, League 2 doesn't appear to be as Strong as it was last season. Is it weaker? Hard to say there are different Teams to play and different surfaces for the Notts players to play on, so there are Challengers to be risen to and conquered. And if Notts do gain Promotion to League 1 either automatic or via the Playoffs then the Club will have to fight off interest from Clubs higher up the Leagues for their Best Players and That is another Problem SM will have to face, a difficult one should the Club wish to sell those players.
  12. BetFred Notts County are unbeaten in the League their Best start to a Campaign since 2005. Well that's put the Kibosh on it. Hopefully the Magpies can keep their Run Going, but Saturday is going to be a Toughie. Eventually Notts will get beat. And that will be a Test of Stuart Maynard's Metal, particularly if it's a Heavy One. It will Show his Ability about picking up the team after such a Match. It will also give us Fans an insight into how Far he as come as a Head Coach.
  13. @Robbie Well I guess you're right football is now a Squad Game. The question is why? Well it's my belief that the amount of games played by teams, the days when a Manager played his Best XI players with a couple of Subs on the bench for the most part of the whole season are now gone. 12-13 players wouldn't be able to play every game nowadays. Compared to today a Team would play their league matches, F.A. Cup matches (plus replays) and League Cup Matches (plus Replays) and that would seem about it, unless of course a Team was involved in European Competition, then again those matches were only played over two legs. I would say the Biggest culprits of bringing about the Squad Game are, the likes of Sky Sports and the Crazy amounts of money they pay to televise live football have forced Clubs to invest in a 22-24 man Squad. Simply the more games that are played the more money they get the more money the Football Authorities get along with the Top Clubs and Players. I believe it was at Sky's insistence that the Football League Playoffs were introduced. Something to this Day I think are both Wrong and Unfair. That along with the Top Four Teams of each European Footballing Nation given the Chance to play in the Champions League, playing those amount of games a Squad of Players is now the only way for a Club to compete. Of course the Game as also changed, players are Fitter and the game played in most cases at a Faster Pace and Injuries certainly seem to increase season on season, another reason for the introduction of the Squad Game. Plus back in the day how far would a team travel to play in a Preseason Friendly? They certainly wouldn't travel half way around the World. Whether us Old Un's like it or Not, the Squad Game is here to stay.
  14. A Poem When Lady Penelope Swoons Her Boobs Pop Out Like Balloons Her Butler Stands By With A Gleam In His Eye And Pops Them Back In With Warm Spoons.
  15. @Robbie That's one Hell of a Good Point Robbie. Because if there's a Recruitment Team at Millwall and they decided they wanted Macca, they bought him and then told their Head Coach to get on with Coaching him. The thing is the Millwall Head Coach isn't going to change his whole Game Plan for the sake of One Player so poor Old Macca is Stuck at a place he doesn't want to be and is playing a System that is totally Alien to him, and it would seem he isn't going to get enough game time to be able to adapt to the New System.
  16. Get him back down the Lane on loan and then buy him back in the January Transfer Window. Wishful Thinking? Maybe but something need to be done to End the Lad's Torment. He should Never have Gone To Millwall in the First Place.
  17. Hello @Pica, I see you've chosen the Old English word for Pie as your user name. Anyway a Warm Welcome to PON. I'm sure your gonna enjoy it on here.
  18. To hear what Jodi has said about the club speaks volumes about the Players Character and his Dedication to get the Magpies Promoted to League 1. To say he prefers assists than goals also shows the huge Respect he has for his Team Mates. It is No Wonder we the Fans have taken him to our Hearts. It would be totally Amazing if Notts could keep him at the Lane. But a word of warning the more he produces the kind of form, which he has shown over the past couple of seasons and is continuing to show now, it wont belong before Bigger Clubs begin to take Notice and as it's been stated Every Player has his Price. We only have to look back at the Macca situation, during the last off season. So lets Enjoy Jodi's Skills while we can and Appreciate what he has done for our Club. And should he move on to a Club higher up the Footballing Pyramid, Lets Not Begrudge Him That Opportunity.
  19. Reading the updates of the match it would seem early on that Notts had slipped back into their ways of the latter half of last season, letting in two very Sloppy goals. However to come back to win by two clear goals after being those two goals down, shows the Grit Determination Fighting Spirit and Class of players Notts have in their squad. It's been a Good start to the Season for the Magpies, lets keep it up Guys. It is after all a Marathon and Not a Sprint, till the end of the Season. Winning Breeds Winners and that Attitude is in full flow at the Lane there are going to be many ups and downs, highs and lows as the season progresses keep the Faith and Believing and the Magpies should be in for a Good Season. Lets hope so. C.O.Y.P.
  20. Reading this topic over my shoulder the Wife pointed out, What about the time we bumped into Dennis Lille the actor who played Cassandra's Dad in Only Fools And Horses. in a carpark in Windsor. That was something Id forgotten about. And even more embarrassing I didn't even know the guys name. I kept referring to him as Casandra's Dad. But he was a perfect Gentleman and waited until the Wife had searched in her handbag, for a scrap of paper and a pen for him to give us his Autograph.
  21. I wrote a piece about the time I was watched over by Brian Clough. Which is a Claim to Fame I'll always remember. My youngest Son bumped into Richard Brindley in a Petrol Station Shop and said Hi to David McGoldrick who was picking up his kids from somewhere. Do you remember Steve Stone who played for Forest? He suffered a terrible injury which left him on crutches well my wife stopped and let him hobble across a Zebra Crossing, much to the despair of our then neighbour who was a Derby Fan, who asked her why she didn't run him over? It was a joke of course, well we thought it was, but you could never tell with Pete. I do have a long list of people I would love to have met or meet, perhaps an idea for another topic eh @Sirrels County?
  22. When Jeff scored that Winning Goal in the League Cup Final. I remember being told by my Mum that when the Ball went into the back of the Net a West Brom Fan Gave Birth to her first son, at that exact moment. What Christian names did the she and her Hubby give their New Son? Why Jeff Astle what else?
  23. A Clean Sheet and a point away from Home against a side some have tipped to do well in League 2 this season. Reasonable Start . Makes you wonder if Macca might have found a way to score. Ah well he's at Millwall now. Can't understand why Maynard waited until the 83rd minute to bring on McGoldrick, not a lot he could have done in a mere 13 minutes, but he did create a chance from one of Jodi's crosses. Maybe if he'd had had 20 minutes Notts may have sneaked a Win. But one point is certainly better than No Points and it would seem the Defence has tightened up. I see Donny are carrying on from where they left off Last Season, might have a good chance of Automatic Promotion.
  24. You know @Robbie there seems to be a bit of History Repeating it's self, regarding Macca. I don't know if you remember a Player back in the 70's by the name of Derek Hales? Like Macca he was scoring goals as if they were going out of Fashion for Charlton Athletic, from 1973 -76 he scored 72 goals for Charlton , he was then Sold to Derby County and he scored a mere 4 goals 76-77 then a further 10 for West Ham United 77-78. Before returning to Charlton 1978-1985 to score another 76 Goals to become their all time leading Scorer. Lets hope Macca isn't destined for a similar type of Career. Mind you a return to Notts wouldn't go amiss. Why did Hales fail at both Derby and West Ham? Could it be they didn't play to Hales Strengths? Because once back in the Old Routine at Charlton there were Goals aplenty. You yourself have said you can't understand Millwall buying Macca because they don't play the type of Football that plays to Macca's scoring abilities. If this continues Not only will Fans begin to get on the Guy's back, but it's bound to have an effect on Macca's Game. Things may have been a lot Different if Macca had gone to join Luke Williams at Swansea.
  25. A well thought out and detailed article. I was surprised you had the Magpies so high up. Because there's still a Huge Question Mark against Stuart Maynard and I think the first Dozen or so Matches will give the Fans an Idea if the step up from Wealdstone to Notts was to Big For Him. For Notts to reach such dizzying heights of 8th I Don't Think it will be with Maynard at the Helm. A more League 1 or League 2 Experienced Head Coach may get the Magpies up to a top half Finish. But I don't mind proved Wrong, it's just a Feeling I've Got.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.