Jayden Richardson ( a right back) joins on loan from F*rest

Piethagoram

Supporter+

I have to say I'm happy with this for 2 reasons. One, we seem to have repaired the relationship with Forest. They have some good young talent and hopefully we'll get a few more when needed. Two, this lad is a decent talent from what I have read. He played 32 times for Forest Green Rovers in League 2. He's not some raw recruit. Hopefully he'll do well for us. 

This does look to be a bit of a coup to be honest. Bit of a weird signing though as we had just signed Parsons for a similar position, unless Brindley has picked up a knock?

I can see this as being only for the month loan, in order to give him some game time until the football league transfer window opens up again as he does look to be too good for our level.

Maybe we have signed him specifically with the Chesterfield match in mind?

@jsrjay has told me he's a very good player, I hadn't realised we had signed another player on loan (I've been offline a lot as of late).

I hope we aren't just patching the team during spells of injury for the sake of it, I'm not really a huge fan of a lot of short loan deals - as the players don't usually settle or get much chance meaning it's quite a redundant signing. Otherwise, I am completely happy with this.

Quite surprised we’ve got him considering he’s played in L2 for two seasons on loan, you’d have thought Forest would’ve wanted to loan him to a L1 club next.

I’ve read lots of good things about him too, and it he’s a natural RWB as well. I was thinking the same thing as @Fozzy, if we haven’t got an injury then it’s 4 players for 1 spot which seems a bit excessive. But I always thought going into Jan, the RWB spot might be one we needed to strengthen, maybe we'll be able to keep him on for a bit longer if he does well.

He looked nervous for a while in the first half, I thought more came through Joel Taylor on the other side. Not that I would say it was a poor 45 minutes, but he didn't get involved as much as I did notice when throwing some of our players would make a harder pass instead of giving the ball to him.

In the second half, he found more time and boy did he use it well.

I think he could've scored 1-3 times if he decided to shoot, however, he set up some very exciting chances and an unselfish player is more use to the team than anything else.

He looked a bit raw, but with confidence he looks above this league and his pace will be useful.

My Forest friend had said he was surprised he didn't join a League One team, although he reckons he would be a threat at this level - he also said that it did make sense because both teams are trying to play the same style of football. I think if he keeps it up, we should explore retaining him at the club for longer.

Archived