Kieron On His Way Back?

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

5667302-large.jpg

NOTTS County want to re-sign Kieron Freeman.

The transfer window reopens tomorrow and Magpies' boss Shaun Derry says he will make another loan move for the 21-year-old Derby County right back to bolster his defence in the club's battle against relegation in League One.

Freeman moved to Meadow Lane on loan back in November and made a big impact, helping Notts to two wins and two draws in seven games.

But his loan with the Magpies was cut short because of injuries at Pride Park and he left on Christmas Eve.

Derry admits losing him was a blow, despite Mustapha Dumbuya being fit again.

Notts lost their two games over Christmas to slip back to the bottom of the table ahead of facing Bradford City on home soil tomorrow (3pm), while Freeman was an unused sub for Derby in two games.

And Derry says he's going to get on the phone to Rams boss Steve McClaren about bringing the former Nottingham Forest defender back to Meadow Lane.

"It was very unfortunate that we lost Kieron," said Derry.

"Steve made it clear he had a recall clause in his contract.

"As far as Kieron is concerned, he's one we'll be trying to bring back."

Derry is also optimistic of keeping hold of star loan duo Callum McGregor and Jack Grealish for the rest of the season and is almost certain to try and sign a striker on loan in January to try and fire Notts out of the relegation zone.

"Are we missing a few? Yeah, I think the four lads we've missed over the last couple of games has affected the group, but, like I've said all the time, it has given opportunities to other people and sadly (against Crawley) they weren't taken," he added.

"I'm not going to say there were many positives because there wasn't."

Notts are five points adrift of safety and have played one more game than all of the five teams above them.

"We have made strides, both on and off the field, and I'm hoping people take notice of that," said Derry.

"It's a different place to the club I came into and now I've got to make sure that the second half of the season is a lot more enjoyable and we have to produce."

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-want-sign-Derby-s-Kieron-Freeman/story-20382598-detail/story.html#ixzz2p2o2sMJt

I really hope so. superb player with a bright future. Hopefully at the Lane.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Hopefully, this comes to fruition. A more than decent right back at this level, will go on to play for a top club IMO. Something about him akin to Steve Finnan.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes please, I think he is a very competent player at this level.

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Yes please. Dumbuya on the bench

Let's hope so, then we can put Dumbuya on the wing  :thumbsup:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I would imagine Steve Mc will want to extend our own loan deals first and also add to our squad before letting any players go out on loan.I hope this is all done quickly and you Notts fans get your wish.I would love to see Rams players help Notts to safety. :thumbsup:

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i would love him back but why recall him? it seems odd.

will this be as a proper transfer? the article is very vague. it makes it sound like were open to both signing and loaning him, i would not mind either!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I doubt it would be permanently, though it is an odd situation. Perhaps Derby want to try and sell him? though I don't know why they would need the money right now, I think they're just 2-3 players a way from securing their top end statuses as a Championship team. I think Freeman is certainly good enough for them but I would love him to come back.

We might need to fight other teams if it's loan deal, if they're selling. Let's not get our hopes up but he's a quality player.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

I like Dumbuya but perhaps he could feature else where? Freeman is more rounded in my opinion, not the best offensively but he is reliable. I would have him back any day of the week!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  1

derby should loan him bk as they barely play him and find it funny that at the time he choose 2 sign for derby over us

• Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

We are desperate for Freeman to come back. We also must keep Grealish and Mac. Bit alarming to read that Villa haven't had any contact from us about extending the loan? 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We are desperate for Freeman to come back. We also must keep Grealish and Mac. Bit alarming to read that Villa haven't had any contact from us about extending the loan?

The BBC have removed McGregor from our playing squad - Along with Grealish it doesn't seem good.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

According to Mrs. Trew both clubs have been contacted.

Archived