Zak Brunt signs on loan for Notts

Piethagoram

Seems a very good player by all accounts. Not entirely sure we're that short in any of the positions he plays in though... 

CDM: Palmer, Francis

CM: Palmer, Vincent, JOB, Roberts

CAM: Rodrigues, Roberts

A number of those players can also fill in numerous positions if needed. Just hope this signing isn't anticipating an outgoing.... 

Yeah almost everything I've read about him has been very positive. I think most Southend fans thought he was being recalled to then be loaned out to a L1/L2 team. Excited to see him play and I've got quite high expectations now!

This is from the guy who does the National League BT Sport commentary...

Supporter+

ZB has done very well in a poor Southend side. He is a welcome addition to our squad. It's better than him going to Chesterfield which was a possibility it seems. 

Good signing, I feel.

I see it more than adding a bit more depth to the squad, as we don't know who has COVID and I have heard we have concerns over slight knocks. With Ruben Rodrigues not making the team or bench, it leaves concern for either one of the previous mentioned issues. I'm glad that Notts are adding quality at a time we need it.

Fingers crossed we can sign a striker to aid with the attacking, along with extending Jayden Richardson stay.

Sounds like an interesting a versatile signing. Will be interesting to see who gets the nod in the coming weeks.

On 04/01/2022 at 20:02, gtownjohnno said:

Unusual surname.... Any relation to Chris Brunt..???? 

That's what I thought too, especially with the Sheffield connection. He's a little too old to be his son though. Good job really, I'd have felt proper old.

Interestingly, Chris Brunt has a son called "Zack David". Zak's middle name is Rian, he was also named in Sheffield United team against West Brom (who Chris Brunt is signed with). So far, I haven't found any connection and considering where Zak was born - I think it's unlikely, unless it's an obscure family connection.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/born-chesterfield-impressed-guti-and-ps150000-bounty-his-head-15-who-zak-brunt-latest-sheffield-united-starlet-3121703

Another interesting piece of media on The Blades site, is to do with Zak's disabled brother.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/december/brunt-brothers/

I couldn't find anything mentioning the two players being related though.

Archived