January Transfer Window - Non League Players

Northants Pie

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Given that we all assume that there will be significant transfer ins & outs who from the non-league would you like to see us sign?

For me we need a central midfielder who can not only tackle but can also pass the ball, so that player has to be Andi @ Thanoj Grimsby Town, how he is still in non-;league is crazy and from what i've been told he soon won't be as a big championship are after him.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't know the non league well enough really, I know there's some strikers who bang goals quite a lot but usually these types of players don't transpire in the football league. Once upon a time I might have been able to suggest a few, hopefully we're looking at the released players because there's some good names floating about. If I was Derry, I compile a list and go for broke. :P

Right now we need to gamble, though safely is the word - I'm sure Derry/Abbott are up to something.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

im afraid i dont know any lower league players either, i barely know league one. just obsessed with notts really, dont watch much premier league football.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This might be a question for @weymouthPIE, I think he watches a lot of lower league football.

For myself I have no knowledge whatsoever of the lower leagues and I hope I never do, not as far as Notts are concerned anyway.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This might be a question for @weymouthPIE, I think he watches a lot of lower league football.

For myself I have no knowledge whatsoever of the lower leagues and I hope I never do, not as far as Notts are concerned anyway.

They would need to be good because we seem to struggle as a club to develop players - Many of the Non League signings we have made during the past 20 odd years have failed. I struggle to name some, though I was hoping Yoann Arquin would make the grade. In the ideal world we should be able to help them step up!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I dont really know of many non-league players outside of the Southern League, and this is pretty much as close to amatuar as you can get without actually being amatuar lol.

Trouble is the step up from non league to league 1 varies for every player. A talented, natural goal scorer will score goals at any level as long as he has the service, but midfielders its a different story. Non league midfielders are there to stop the opposition playing, it's a lot more physical. I wouldnt say its hoof ball, football is played but far from as much as at FL level. Players like Boucaud are a rare find. In fairness to midfielders at non league level though a lot of the time those players who are good technically on the ball dont often get to show that side of their game

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

The problem is you have to have a keen eye for someone who is technically superior at that level, and it can be hard as Weymouth states due to the nature of that league. It will always be a gamble picking out players from lower leagues, but with the right scouting ability that risk can be reduced.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  1

alfretons paul clayton and danny meadows along with josh law and have a player called akinde all look good players wouldnt buy from the confrence tho myself its 2 risky.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Rob Matthews did alright for a few games, picked him out from Lobo uni, what happened to him?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Keanu Marsh Brown at Barnet is some player. I saw him score an outrageous goal against Lincoln. The boy is talented. He has league player written all over him.

Archived