the notts community

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i saw this tweet from chris earlier and it got me wondering, how involved are you in the notts community?

i think i could compare the community part to pon, people here have always been great and i feel at home, i speak and say hello to fans i see in person, they might not realise its me but i do like saying hello when i do see someone.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

Although I am familiar with the faces and names of fans who have been attending games for as long as I have, or even longer, I do not associate with any fans outside of match days. The fanbase has always had a close-knit community, but I have chosen to keep a distance and be less involved. It's not that I don't appreciate the camaraderie and sense of belonging that comes with being a part of a group, but I find it more comfortable to enjoy the game on my own terms. Being a part of a community requires a level of investment and commitment that I am not always prepared to give.

By choosing to keep my distance, I am able to focus solely on the game and my enjoyment of it, without the added pressures or obligations of social interaction. That being said, I still respect and admire the passion and dedication of the fans, and I feel a sense of kinship with them when we come together to support our team on match days.

In the end, everyone has their own way of experiencing and engaging with their fanbase, and mine just happens to be a little more solitary.

• Like 2

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's always meant the world to me, coming from a position where I knew nobody and going reminded me of the times I spent with my grandfather. To the days, I spent with my children and eventually moved into the KOP, where people actually would talk and be polite. The area we settled in, the regulars have only ever been kind to me. I mean, I do like to be in my own world, but it's nice seeing so many faces and from that small pool - I have grown quite a lot within the KOP and other stands.

Supporting a club like Notts, it should always be a social thing where you try your hardest to be civil and friendly.

Most people will go to a game, and come back having spoken to 5-30 different fans even if they're not on a first name basis. You know their faces, you remember seeing them at previous games.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

To be honest, some fans proper make me cringe. I only really hang out with my mates, I can't deal with people chatting smack about players and then cheering for them like nothing happened, it's just annoying. Maybe it's coz I sit higher up the kop, but I find it hard to vibe with other fans my age, especially the younger ones.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It is the away games that truly unite fans. I make it a point to greet the majority of people I encounter, whether I know them or not, both at home and away games. I usually sit in the upper centre of the KOP, where there is a diverse range of age groups, and I enjoy discussing the games with those around me, even if I don't know them personally or outside of Notts. However, when it comes to away games, I find that the handful of fans I know personally make the experience truly enjoyable, and this is what I believe is the most significant aspect of our community.

• Like 1