Let's talk friendship

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Hello PON members! I'm curious to know, do you have any friends on this site? Were you friends before joining PON or did you become friends because of it? Do you have mates that go to the matches with you?

I have a brother back in the UK who doesn't like football. My parents used to attend games every week when they were alive. It used to be a family thing with aunts and cousins, uncles and nephews meeting up. I only know a few fans that still attend on occasions.

It would be interesting to see members share their experiences.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There's people on here that I consider to be friends and I know them in person.

All was known via PON, except for the odd few who I started talking with at games. I have gone to games at times on very rare occasions with friends. When we played Coventry in the playoffs of League Two, I invited a friend who supports Spurs and his stepson. I used to sit with two regulars before they became busy with live, however now it's just me, @super_pie and @callum2569

My brother is a Notts fan, @super_ram is in spirit due to supporting Derby. My girls like Notts, although they aren't as interested any more in football, my youngest @CutiePie does get excited when I come home to say how we have done though.

• Like 6

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

I feel like I’ve made more friends here than a lost puppy at a dog park. Seriously, you guys are friendlier than a golden retriever on a sunny day. And the Super One? Top-notch guy. I hope to get to know more of you before this season is over - even if you’re all secretly wondering why I’m here. But hey, like a raccoon in your trash or a bear stealing your honey - you’re stuck with me for now.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the PON boss Chris; I would call him a friend. Liam is also a great person who only wants the best for his friends and is by far one of the nicest people I have met. Clifton Magpie is a pal for sure; those two lads are brilliant! We formed a friendship on Pride of Nottingham.

It's something I have tried to put more effort into as I don't really know anyone else, but I miss Granny Pie, who on occasions asked me about my life and how I was doing at university. I would say both GP and Super are people who express friendship without really knowing me as they should. I am trying to make amends for that now with Super. As I say, I am trying to be more community-focused and will at times send a message to a member's profile just to say hello.

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

Ah, it's where I'm going wrong, you see. I just love a bit of banter! There are many members whose opinions I actually like to read, but that's about as far as it goes. I've met Chris on a number of occasions, and I don't know if he realises this, but I respect his passion for the club. Other than that, I don't know anyone on the site. Sure, there are a few folks I go to games with, but these days, I'm dragging more people to matches who aren't into football.

I guess it's just the way it is, I'm a bit of a lone wolf on the forums. But hey, I'm not one to complain. As they say, it's quality over quantity, right? And I've got quality banter for days.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

I know people at games as i said, but i just sit by myself. i do say hello at times and everytime someone speaks to me.

i consider @Chris @super_ram @GrannyPie @cheeky~k8 @super_pie @william1984 @CliftonMagpie @TheSkipper to be friends. everyone who regularly contributes  to pon are people who i like to see, i might know people personally but i would say i am friendly at least towards them.

• Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

When  @Chris first told me he was starting a Notts  County fan site I was a bit (Very) concerned about the type of  response  he might get.I was even more concerned when he invited me to join.I pointed out that there could be individuals joining with the sole intention of causing mischief,stirring up trouble or  just being generally disagreeable  and abusive.I was very pleasantly surprised that when I did join I was made so welcome by so many Notts fans and I've never felt like an outsider. I try and join in ,give advice or be there if I can and although  over the years there have been a few silly fallouts this site is still a very welcoming place to come to.There are so many posters I look forward to reading.I love the banter and humour, as well as the more serious football and social  comments(and I must not forget the all important PREDICTION LEAGUE )

I may not have met many members personally but I know that a lot count me as a friend and I certainly count them as friends.This was never shown more evidently than with the amount of  love and support given to me and all my family with the passing of my wife, @GrannyPie. That really helped and meant so much to me.

I;m so glad I joined.

• Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

No, I don't actually know anyone on the site, but that fact doesn't deter me from interacting with others. I am quite open to discussing the club and I'm happy to interact with anyone who may wish to engage with me. Initially, I used to attend games alongside my parents, but now I usually go alone.

• Like 1