Highlights : Maidstone v Notts

Piethagoram

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

Potentially lucky not to be 3-3.

Without being too harsh, Vincent loses all three of his duals, two for the goals and then the header which led to our crossbar being rattled. I guess equally the defending before wasn’t great either but maybe he’s not a potential fit for that LWB going forward.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,995
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

As @menzinhosays, both Vincent and Nemane are fine in an attacking sense, but defensively, both are weak

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

sloppy mistake for the first goal, for someone who some fans say his legs have gone he did not half react to it quickly. lovely goals and moves at times. the quality of the highlights are decent but the angle could be better and i would hate the commentators to be ours.

• Like 2

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Our defence let us down on their second goal. I am not sure what more defensively could've been done about Maidstone's opener, but they had an urge from that which caused some issues. I've muted the audio, jesus I can still hear the commentary!

Whoever captured the opening and the walk out, it was either an ant or someone kneeling. 😂

I think it's a fair point, that in this league some clubs struggle to find the balance between attack and defending, I think many teams realise that attacking wins games and have therefore neglected the height benefits of a tall defender. Our those typical no-nonsense defenders that intimidate players due to how physical they can be. Maidstone looked good on the ball going forward, Notts needs to learn to remained focused better.

• Haha 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Other members mentioned turning the audio off and I made sure to do so as well. I watched the game upside down, but the quality of the actual footage was still great. It was a cruise for Notts until Maidstone scored and came right back into it. It would have been a fantastic game to attend! I guess you could say Maidstone really turned the game on its head!

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

I wish Notts would put extended highlights of their games on YouTube and make the full games available on the Magpie Player (or whatever it’s called these days). It would be great to have access to more in-depth coverage of the team’s performances and relive some of the best moments from each match. That’s why I won’t criticise the Maidstone highlights. For the level of their club, the quality of their footage is impressive and I don’t mean that in a belittling way. In fact, it’s probably one of the best in terms of video quality from a team you might not expect to see such good footage from.