What are some of the funniest or weirdest things you've seen or experienced at a Notts County game?

TheSkipper

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Notts County games are always full of excitement and surprises. I’ve seen some pretty funny and weird things happen during the games. Here are a couple of my favourite moments:

A while back, an assistant referee sprinting along the sideline slipped and toppled to the ground. There was an extensive delay as everyone checked to make sure he was okay. Both sets of fans started chanting ‘she fell over’ (I know it’s not very politically correct in this day and age) and making comments about diving.

Another memorable moment was when the Dagenham & Redbridge keeper, Elliot Justham, tried to provoke the KOP by making gestures into the crowd. Some fans didn’t take kindly to this and told him exactly what they thought. Justham just continued to slow down his goal kicks, which only made the fans more frustrated. It was amusing to see just how much the officials let him get away with.

These are just a couple of examples of the funny and weird things that can happen at Notts County games. What are some of your favourite moments?

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

yesterday when boreham wood scored and their fans instantly piped up singing about them going to wembley, they got quieter and quieter the more the game went on. in the first half i thought they were incredibly loud at times and mostly in good spirit. but their wembley chants seemed very premature to me. first after both goals, then quietly in spells when notts were trying to get back into it.

when notts sung it back, after jodi jones netted the winner it was very funny. 🤣🏆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have a tendency to sit on the gates that open up to the pitch, as a means to gain height and leverage to angle my photos. One time, I actually almost fell and another the gate actually was open (despite looking closed). @super_pie and @CallumW1862 found this to be funny!

Last Sunday, I also told three lads off for all using their phones when I approached to take a picture. It was funny the comments we exchanged, one even tried to pose for the photo, while his two mates remained glued to their phone. I didn't manage to get a photo of them doing anything but looking at their phones. It's still an interesting picture and was taken before the game had even kicked off. I hope they were keeping up with the latest updates on the team!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

Funniest? Dave Regis scoring at Wembley with a pelvic thrust. Or "off his midriff" as that nice polite Mr Slater put it.

Weirdest was possibly John Fashanu swallowing his tongue and Steve Cherry possibly saving his life.  One of the blokes I was with said "I've got a body bag in my boot". He wasn't kidding - he worked for a funeral director.

Then there was the game against Darlington when the County Road started singing "we hate Geordies"... and then Darlo fans joined in and then carried on after the Notts fans stopped.

Edited by yelobeli
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

I recall Neal Bishop scoring a goal with his backside after the ball deflected off it. I can’t remember the opposing team, but it occurred when Notts were in League One.

Does anyone else remember this? 🤔

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

The Notts fan who attempted the crossbar challenge earlier this season slipped as he went to kick the ball, causing it to move only a short distance. He landed on his back, got up, repositioned the ball and then skied it well over. It was very funny! He took it in good spirits.