Curtis Thompson released from Wycombe

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

A work-horse that is quite skillful, I bet he's onto bigger and better things. I actually liked him during his time here and, I would naturally welcome him back. I don't suspect he would, as we are already blessed in this area of the pitch.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

He is similar to Matt Palmer but not as skilled. We do not need him at the moment. I hope he does well and that a League One team will sign him without hesitation. He could even be a reasonable signing for Derby as they need to rebuild. He is a free signing and I imagine his wages are reasonable. The Rams could make a worse decision. I know I said Notts does not need him, but that is only because of Palmer and Bostock. If O’Brien were to retire, we would only need cover since I think Vincent will stay and Francis will likely leave.

@super_ram

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,301
  • Days Won:  69

16 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

He is similar to Matt Palmer but not as skilled. We do not need him at the moment. I hope he does well and that a League One team will sign him without hesitation. He could even be a reasonable signing for Derby as they need to rebuild. He is a free signing and I imagine his wages are reasonable. The Rams could make a worse decision. I know I said Notts does not need him, but that is only because of Palmer and Bostock. If O’Brien were to retire, we would only need cover since I think Vincent will stay and Francis will likely leave.

@super_ram

I'll leave recruitment  Paul Warne & co ,thank you very much @TheSkipper and hope they do better than the pre David Clowes owner.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

hes a very good player super, one of wycombes best players previously.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Thompson_(footballer)

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Curtis Thompson received many awards during his time with Wycombe Wanderers. He has Championship experience, which I wouldn’t mind seeing if he would sign since he can play out wide as well as in the middle. I also think he would be a good squad addition for Derby County. However, I believe we will be looking at different players as he doesn’t quite fit our recruitment style. He fit their recruitment, which was similar to ours, but that was five years ago.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I’d actually be quite happy to see Curtis Thompson back at Meadow Lane. He’s still got a lot to offer and has a great attacking engine. Sure, it might raise some questions about where he’d fit in the squad, but I seem to recall him being shoved into defense and doing a pretty good job. Versatile players like him are worth their weight in gold when it comes to squad depth.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,466
  • Days Won:  5

It has always been delightful to watch young Curtis develop into a player and I thought he performed very well. Thus, I am surprised that Wycombe have parted ways with him. It appears that it was more his decision, as there was speculation that Bolton were interested in him.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I can recall how supporters were divided in their opinions about Curtis Thompson during his time at Notts, but he's certainly flourished since leaving the club. If Notts were to sign him again, I reckon he'd make for an excellent impact player, particularly if we need someone to inject pace and energy into the midfield. Personally, though, I get the impression that he'll end up with a League One team instead – his talent and hard work have definitely not gone unnoticed!