I’m going on the wagon

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ve decided to abstain from alcohol for a while, I need to lose some weight before my holiday next month when I know I will pile lots more weight on eating good food and drinking.

So for the next few weeks it’s no alcohol, smaller meal portions and more salads, at the moment I am 13 stone 2 lbs I want to drop to at least 12 stone 7 lbs, lower if I can.

Wish me luck I’ll let you know how I get on. 

• Like 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Good luck @Fan of Big Tone. Eighteen months ago both my wife and me had health checks and we decided that we had to lose some weight. We did not cut out the alcohol completely but did cut right back to sharing a bottle of wine on a Saturday. We found it easier to stay on track knowing that we would have that treat at the end of the week. 
We basically cut out all of the rubbish we ate and moved more. I lost over 3 stone and my wife nearly 4. Touch wood, we have both kept the weight off so far, but won’t be returning to our old ways.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Supporter+

@Fozzythat is excellent we’ll done. 👏

• Like 3

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

where are you going tony? i hope its somewhere nice. just let me know where, I can track the international man of mystery then!

believe it or not, i don't drink alcohol at all.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Since moving to the United States, I have had the occasional drink of alcohol, but for the most part, I stick to water with a splash of lemon. I don't drink tea or coffee, so water is my go-to beverage. Sometimes I'll indulge in the odd fruit juice, but I prefer to keep it simple with water. 

Back in the UK, I was a social drinker and had a few occasions where I may have had a bit too much. But those were rare occurrences, and I don't miss it now that I've cut back on my alcohol intake. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional drink, but I've learned to appreciate the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, which includes staying hydrated and avoiding alcohol.

Well done, @Fozzy mate. 👏🏻

• Like 6

Supporter+
7 hours ago, liampie said:

where are you going tony? i hope its somewhere nice. just let me know where, I can track the international man of mystery then!

believe it or not, i don't drink alcohol at all.

We are off to Corfu, the hotel has wifi so I’ll be keeping in touch with all the news about Notts and popping on here as well, something groundbreaking usually happens when I’m on holiday, like a Notts take over or stella signing etc., so I need to be in the loop. 😆

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well done @Fan of Big Tone and @Fozzy.

I used to enjoy the occasional cider, but I only drink one now on special occasions, usually if out having a family meal.

Otherwise, I don't drink alcohol because for the last 4 years I have been focusing heavily on my health. When I had kidney stones, I was told then that drinking alcohol wouldn't be good for me. I was encouraged to drink plenty of water, which I do, but I admit I went through a spell where I drank nothing but water with one drink of orange and lemonade, drinking less water.

I had a pre-diabetic scare, I still do, but I have managed to lower my blood sugar levels. This getting older malarkey isn't fun.

Yet provided I can keep my joints strong and avoid dislocations as much as possible, spend quality time with my family and children. Whilst losing weight and avoiding further health complications (not just diabetes) I will consider myself thankful. :D 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

We are off to Corfu, the hotel has wifi so I’ll be keeping in touch with all the news about Notts and popping on here as well.

nice, will be lounging by the sea and taking paddles in the water? it would not happen to be near agios georgios would it? have a good time!

• Like 2

Supporter+
1 hour ago, liampie said:

nice, will be lounging by the sea and taking paddles in the water? it would not happen to be near agios georgios would it? have a good time!

No miles away. It’s just outside Corfu Town a place called Perama, I’ll certainly be in the sea, I love snorkelling. Not for a few weeks yet though.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,727
  • Days Won:  27

Well done on the weight loss, @Fozzy! Continue to the point where you feel happier. Don’t feel like you have to conform to others, but it does sound like you’re putting your health first, which is a must. Also, @Fan of Big Tone, it makes sense to cut back on your drinking before the holiday. It’s much easier to lose weight when it’s manageable than it is to lose it afterward. You’ll both pass those fitness tests so that the gaffer can select you both.

As for me, I usually only drink on weekends and even then, it’s seldom. I don’t like beer; I prefer vodka, cider and alcopops. :P 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

No miles away. It’s just outside Corfu Town a place called Perama, I’ll certainly be in the sea, I love snorkelling. Not for a few weeks yet though.

i will look up hotels in perama now. 🙃😂 joking.

• Like 1

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, liampie said:

i will look up hotels in perama now. 🙃😂 joking.

Who said it was a hotel? I’m sleeping rough on the beach. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 1

Supporter+

Week one:

It’s working so far, I started the week at 13st 2lb and I’m now 12st 12.5lb so I’ve lost a total of 3.5 so far. I’m pleased I’ve dropped below 13st and I want to lose at least another 5lb.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

If it’s something you enjoy, it can be difficult to cut back, but at least you’ve tried to take things into consideration before. This means you can focus on having a good time and hopefully have less to do when you return home.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

On 24/05/2023 at 17:21, Fan of Big Tone said:

Hey @Fan of Big Tone, I was just wondering if you've ever been to Corfu before? My wife is Greek and originally from Corfu, and I must say it's such a lovely place to visit. The atmosphere is so warm and inviting, and the people there are incredibly friendly. I'd love to know if you've had a chance to experience it yourself!

• Like 2

Supporter+
6 hours ago, Nocturnal-Magpie said:

Hey @Fan of Big Tone, I was just wondering if you've ever been to Corfu before? My wife is Greek and originally from Corfu, and I must say it's such a lovely place to visit. The atmosphere is so warm and inviting, and the people there are incredibly friendly. I'd love to know if you've had a chance to experience it yourself!

@Nocturnal-Magpie I have been briefly to Corfu Town when a cruise I was on stopped for one day, we thought it was lovely hence we wanted to go back for a longer stay (10 days) this time.

• Like 1

Supporter+

The alcohol abstinence and diet are going well, today we are going to do a mixed fish salad for dinner, tuna, prawns, smoked mackerel with olives, feta cheese and salad. How healthy is that?