Darren Moore and Gary O'neil - Sacked.

KB1862

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, thommo said:

Sheffield Wednesday might end up regretting their decision to let Moore go, especially if their new manager doesn't live up to expectations. I hope the club knows what they're doing. As for Bournemouth's strategy of constantly changing managers seems to be working for them so far, but there's no guarantee that their luck will hold in the long term. They might eventually hit a rough patch due to a lack of stability.

Watford in my opinion have turned into a bit of a laughing stock with such a process. Personally I would love to manage them for 4 games for 18 month's pay.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  252
  • Days Won:  1

It's disappointing to see that clubs like Sheffield Wednesday and Bournemouth can't seem to appreciate the success that their managers have brought them. Instead of being rewarded, these managers are shown the door.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I agree with @KingWilliams that both managers should be able to find new opportunities easily, considering their track records. They definitely deserve better than the treatment they received from their clubs.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  570
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Clubs that frequently dismiss their managers should face fines and sanctions as a deterrent. This would encourage teams to commit to their managers and avoid wasting money. It is unfortunate for Darren Moore, who performed well but was ultimately released from his position.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  2

On 19/06/2023 at 20:20, DonnyNotts said:

Some of my friends seem to think it is over disagreement on budget. But personally I have no idea

Our owner has claimed that he let Darren Moore go because Moore wanted four times the salary he was previously earning..

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2023-06-29/wednesday-owner-claims-moore-demanded-four-times-his-salary

At first, all of us were shocked by the owner’s decision. Some still don’t believe this is the real reason, but Darren Moore has had little to say on the subject. There are rumours that Moore intentionally asked for more money or to be released from his contract in the hope that a bigger club would show interest in him. It may have been due to wages and budget, but I think Sheffield Wednesday as a club needs to come before anything else. Now that he has left, we move on. I hope for Moore’s sake that he finds a club where he can take them further.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12915569/sheffield-wednesday-owner-rants-over-darren-moore-sacking-and-criticizes-club-legend-carlton-palmer

• Like 1