Greatest Comeback

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

In your opinion, what is the greatest comeback EVER? 

For me it has to be Liverpool v AC Milan 2005 in the Champions League Final. 

Football is an unpredictable game and this games shows exactly that. 

CjTAzX6UYAAFayo.jpg

Liverpool had no right in coming back from 3-0 down against an absolutely star studded Milan team. 

This is what makes the comeback that bit better, it wasn't even the fact that Liverpool were trailing 3-0 at half time in the UCL final, it's more how they did it and against a team oozing with quality. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

This was one of Steven Gerrard’s best games for Liverpool. That team overachieved that season. Yes, they were a good team, but making the final was a great success story for them. I have a strong preference for either Boreham Wood or Chesterfield. Both of those were amazing, especially the playoff semi-final. We appeared defeated and without hope.

• Like 3

@TheSkipper Absolutely, Gerrard was the driving force to Liverpools success that night. 

The Boreham Wood game is a great shout! 

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Liverpool vs Barcelona 2019.

2005's achievement was great, but beating Barcelona came as a big surprise considering Liverpool thought they were out after the first leg.

• Like 2

@AmericanPie Very credible contender tbf given the first leg deficit and beating Barca at Anfield the way they did. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

That Champions League final is a really good shout. Our playoff campaign was amazing for us, but we were playing against National League players who are prone to freezing and making mistakes when it counts. In Istanbul you had some of the best players in the world at the top of their game, playing in possibly the biggest game of their career. They had absolutely outclassed Liverpool in the first half. That made the rest of it even crazier.

I also bring you Sheffield Wednesday's recovery from 4-0 down to reach the playoff final last season! 

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i think this is a good shout, but because its japan people will overlook it and think belgium were bound to come back. yet japan played very well and deserved to win more so imo. if only their keeper was better, this is from the 2018 world cup.

• Like 1

@DangerousSausage Sheffield Wednesdays comeback was absolutely extraordinary. It's definitely in the mix at the top. Great Shout! 👏

@liampie remember watching this game and thinking Japan were gonna do it. But the winning goal is something to be applauded. One of the greatest counter attack goals in history. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
8 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

I also bring you Sheffield Wednesday's recovery from 4-0 down to reach the playoff final last season! 

That’s got to be up amongst the best, if not the best, absolutely incredible.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah that Liverpool game is a very good shout, I’m sure it was a school night and my parents made me go to bed so I didn’t see the whole game! Agree with some others mentioned too, the Liverpool 4-0 comeback against Barcelona was impressive as was the Sheffield Wednesday play-off comeback from this season.

But in terms of one-off games, the Man City v QPR final day of the season sticks out for me. They had to win in order to win the league but were up 2-1 down with 30 mins to go. It took until added time to score both goals (one being the Aguuuuerrrrroooooooooooo one!) to win the game.

In terms of a Notts game the Boreham Wood one was the ultimate comeback for me. Another Notts comeback in recent(ish) memory was against Exeter, we scored 2 goals in added time to snatch a draw. Anyone remember it? I looked back to see when the goals were scored and it was Ryan Harley of all people who scored Exeter’s 2nd in the 88th minute!

@Fan of Big Tone it's tremendous from Wednesday. Everyone wrote them off from the first leg and no other team has ever comeback from the deficit in the play offs so to pull it off was incredible. 

• Like 2