Weekend Plans Friday 14th - Sunday 16th

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning all, well the weekend is here so what plans have you got? Or if you are reading this late what have you been doing? Let the community know, it’s great to get an insight into other people’s lives.

I’m very excited because me and Mrs. T are going away for a week to the Yorkshire coast, we are very much looking forward to this because we had to cancel our Corfu holiday last month. Ok Yorkshire isn’t Corfu but it’ll be a nice break for us both.

Hopefully I’ll have wifi but if I go quiet on here it’ll be because I can’t get on so much.

Have a great weekend and let us know what’s happening in your life,

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Tomorrow, me and the wife are heading to Nottingham. Going to watch the Notts v Forest game and then going out in the evening for a catch up with some good friends. 

Brother in law is having the kids for the night. It's rare that we get time together without the kids so it should be a good weekend even despite the rainy weather but hopefully the weather picks up. 

Then on Sunday, probably make the most of being back in Nottingham do a bit of shopping or something before the journey back home to Coalville. Neither of us drive so it's a long bus journey. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

14 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Good morning all, well the weekend is here so what plans have you got? Or if you are reading this late what have you been doing? Let the community know, it’s great to get an insight into other people’s lives.

I’m very excited because me and Mrs. T are going away for a week to the Yorkshire coast, we are very much looking forward to this because we had to cancel our Corfu holiday last month. Ok Yorkshire isn’t Corfu but it’ll be a nice break for us both.

Hopefully I’ll have wifi but if I go quiet on here it’ll be because I can’t get on so much.

Have a great weekend and let us know what’s happening in your life,

The Yorkshire coast is quite a large area @Fan of Big Tone There are some lovely places to visit though and great scenery.I hope the weather improves for you and  Mrs Fanof.Don't worry about us ,just try and enjoy yourselves .

• Like 4

Supporter+

@super_ram we’re in a place called Sewerby which is near Bridlington. It’s a lodge and looks like it’s got good wifi but no mobile signal, it’s very comfortable so we are looking forward to a nice relaxing week.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@super_ram we’re in a place called Sewerby which is near Bridlington. It’s a lodge and looks like it’s got good wifi but no mobile signal, it’s very comfortable so we are looking forward to a nice relaxing week.

Me and  @GrannyPie stayed on a caravan site just a short walk from Sewerby Park in the 1970's ,.We also stayed  near Bridlington Priory with her parents prior to that year.It  will look much different nowadays no doubt.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Today, I had college and rested for the most part. Tomorrow, I am going to see Notts take on Forest, and on Sunday, if the weather is up to it, I should be going to Sheffield.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Friday, @cheeky~k8 and I had to pop into town to go see the person taking care of her hearing. The settings of the hearing aid have been adjusted, although it's going to take time for Kate to get used to everything again. Somebody doesn't like hearing fans and air conditioning units, but has to get used to it. :)

There are plenty of noises which I would rather not hear, but I am used to now. Bless Kate, though she's doing well.

Saturday (today), I am going with the lads to see the Notts vs. Forest friendly. My brother and his side of the family are making their way to the game too, which I believe will be Luna's first ever football game. I'm buzzing about that! Plus to spend time with my nephew Harry.

Sunday (tomorrow), my brother and I have air marked a potential walk but due to weather he's unsure if he will. In the likelihood that it slings it down with rain, I still intend to go over to see @super_ram. We did it a few weeks back, the bottom of dad's house looked like it had a river in the middle of the street. Photos don't do justice to what you could see with your eyes.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

There a plus point to hearing loss, if i don't want to hear lots of noise or the air conditioning, i just change the program to comfort or mute it completly. :)

I'm just not sure having hardly any sense of smell and hearing loss aswell as processing dyslexia helps together. The adjustments to one of the hearing aid programs will hopefully help me hear the children at my school job as i still struggled with it last week, the difference was i could hear everything else that is unfamiliar making it harder to understand the little children.

As for this weekend, i get a few hours with just the girls so i get to listen to my music and have a break. I will be replatting my middle daughters hair and doing homework with my youngest on sunday. No major plans this weekend for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Supporter+

@cheeky~k8 I hope you get used to the hearing aid, I’m sure with time you’ll forget you’re wearing it.

Today I did my 5k park run at Sewrby Hall and Gardens, it was really hard going we had to run along the cliff top which was uphill and it was blowing a gale, just before we got to Bridlington we turned round and came back along the same route but downhill and the wind at my back which was a relief, then we entered the garden and ran around the hall. It was painful at times very different to West Park at Long Eaton which is as flat as a pancake.

This afternoon we had a stroll around Bridlington which was nice but it’s becoming a bit chavvy (or am I turning into a snob?)

Back at our lodge now and relaxing with a beer as the rain pours down. We’ve got a lovely view over fields from our patio and saw some deer this morning.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i got off work at 5 yesterday, i came home and just watched tv whilst browsing pon. today I went like many others to watch notts, i enjoyed it but find casual fans to be ignorant and annoying. we gave a good account of ourselves. tomorrow i am hoping to go for a cycle and pop by my mums. if i get chance, i want to fetch some shopping so i can stock up. i should ask my mum if she needs anything and consider doing that first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@cheeky~k8 I hope you get used to the hearing aid, I’m sure with time you’ll forget you’re wearing it.

Today I did my 5k park run at Sewrby Hall and Gardens, it was really hard going we had to run along the cliff top which was uphill and it was blowing a gale, just before we got to Bridlington we turned round and came back along the same route but downhill and the wind at my back which was a relief, then we entered the garden and ran around the hall. It was painful at times very different to West Park at Long Eaton which is as flat as a pancake.

This afternoon we had a stroll around Bridlington which was nice but it’s becoming a bit chavvy (or am I turning into a snob?)

Back at our lodge now and relaxing with a beer as the rain pours down. We’ve got a lovely view over fields from our patio and saw some deer this morning.

I don't wish to put a dampener(Literally) on your holiday , @Fan of Big Tone,but today is St Swithin's day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

@Fan of Big Tone west park is probably one of the flatter parks ive been to, much easier to do a run on. Glad your relaxing now after that.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

On Friday, I spent most of the day working, and by the time I finished, I just got ready for sleep. Today, I went to see the friendly against Forest. I didn’t opt to stay at home and watch it via the stream. I enjoyed the match; I thought it was very lively and end-to-end. It was good to see a stronger squad start as this made it easier for the youngsters. Tomorrow, I have no plans, so I’ll update this when I decide. It’s likely that I might end up doing stuff at home if the weather predictions are true.

• Like 1